Making Your Own Movie

Discussions on WW2 and pre-WW2 related movies, games, military art and other fiction.
coburg22

Making Your Own Movie

Post by coburg22 » 11 Dec 2007, 17:35

Hello,

I know it seems like a crazy topic but since there have been so many movies made regarding the Third Reich, if money was no object, what kind of movie would you make about the Third Reich? I myself would do a movie on the Battle of Stalingrad or Kursk, from the German end of course.

Best,

James

phylo_roadking

Post by phylo_roadking » 11 Dec 2007, 17:58

The rescue of Mussolini. I've always been amazed THIS one event at least was never made into a feature film.

Plavá bestie

Post by Plavá bestie » 11 Dec 2007, 20:15

Some movie about Polish campaign in 1939. It would be black and white and looking like 1960s movie. No chaotic camera, no vulgarisms. It would includes all important pre-September 1939 diplomatic meetings ( including Ribbentrop-Molotov pact ), preparation for war, Gleiwitz incident and of course the whole Polush campaign itself. Generally you can imagine those classic war movies like "The Longest Day" or "Battle for Britain" and there you can have some concept of the movie, which I would like to made, if I could.
Plavá bestie.

Kurz Patrone

Post by Kurz Patrone » 12 Dec 2007, 14:13

Kharkov or the fight for Caen.

karl stiner

Post by karl stiner » 12 Dec 2007, 21:21

yes if i made a movie i like it to be kursk or the battle of the bulge :lol: :P

coburg22

Post by coburg22 » 12 Dec 2007, 21:32

Hello,

I agree, the Battle of the Bulge (1960's Version) was a good movie but with today's special effects, I think that a new version of this movie would be awsome, especially with the King Tiger Tanks.

Best,

James

Panzerjäger

Post by Panzerjäger » 14 Dec 2007, 10:48

Maybe a movie about Leon Degrelle. Or a movie about a boy growing up in the Third Reich and ends up in 12 SS Hitlerjugend.

karl stiner

Post by karl stiner » 16 Dec 2007, 05:39

coburg22 wrote:Hello,

I agree, the Battle of the Bulge (1960's Version) was a good movie but with today's special effects, I think that a new version of this movie would be awsome, especially with the King Tiger Tanks.

Best,

James
yes your right they could take the video from the king tiger left in the france and uk and make them look like many with some powerfull pc :lol: :P they really need to make a new movie of the bulge that 60s one is a joke with patton tanks :P and chaffes fighting against them :lol: what planet are we on, they distorted the truth badley :lol:

Potsdamerplatz

Post by Potsdamerplatz » 25 Dec 2007, 02:34

I would like to see a movie about the battle of Berlin - similar to "Der Untergang" - but with the focus firmly on the ordinary soldier and the ferocious street-to-street fighting, perhaps with a few selective scenes at the Fuhrerbunker.

Kind regards.

Johnny_Blaze

Post by Johnny_Blaze » 25 Dec 2007, 05:45

I wouldn't like something impersonal like the battle of so-and-so, and the campaign of this and that. I would like to see a movie of the personal experience of a German or Austrian youth from infancy to the dreaded draft into the Wehrmacht. There are so many excellent books on this I can't see why some director hasn't had a go at it yet (well actually I can...). The movie Napola started to achieve this with the lower class kid going to the Hitlerjugend school. Unfortunately it goes down the sentimental path and goes nowhere.
It would have been excellent if they could have had the kid graduating and going off to the front. There he could have seen the evil of the regime and learn that he fights for his home and comrades instead of the Reich's politics.
Just my 2 pfennigen...

JB

Tim Smith

Post by Tim Smith » 25 Dec 2007, 10:52

Remake of the classic 1960's British movie 'Sink The Bismarck!' using modern CGI technology to show the ships instead of models. Also correcting the several errors and inaccuracies in that movie's plot and showing more of the German side.

It should be a joint British/German production, since Hollywood won't be interested as there were no Americans involved in the battle. (As far as Hollywood is concerned, WWII started with Pearl Harbor on 7 Dec 1941, and anything that took place before that is irrelevant.)

Ingsoc75

Post by Ingsoc75 » 25 Dec 2007, 13:30

How about a modern day comedy about a group of guys who have such an interest in W-SS uniforms and memorabilia, that they decide to form their own reenacting group and it would follow the wacky antics they endure as they form one.

coburg22

Post by coburg22 » 25 Dec 2007, 20:49

Enigma,

If that's the case then we need the guys from Monty Python's Flying Circus. Nothing is more funny than British comedies.

Best,

James

phylo_roadking

Post by phylo_roadking » 25 Dec 2007, 22:13

There's a bad need of a remake of the Dunkirk story. The BBC made SUCH a mess of that three-part docudrama three years ago grrr A soundtrack with helicopters in it??? And I dont think ten minutes in "Atonement" is going to cover the lack.

Reinhard Köenig

Post by Reinhard Köenig » 26 Dec 2007, 01:44

I would like to see a movie about the common Waffen-SS Soldat in the context of "Hitler's SS: Portait in evil" but without the political beginings or the SS in general. Just a single Waffen-SS Soldat from begining through the end and the aftermath. One who serves on both fronts.A movie where he survives. A movie where the producers spend the time and money on authenticity and realism, showing the equipment, vehicles, weapons, and ambient background,etc. A movie that shows his hardships, Kameraden, home, combat, sacrafice,his will to survive, life, death, and the aftermath when the war is over. His struggle with the propagada he's been indoctrinated with only to see the truth behind it all in the end .No hero whorship, propagada or anti-war. Just the facts and allow the viewers to decide what they got out of it when the movie is over, not the writers point of view. A movie seen through the German eyes that makes you think...hhmmmm? Wow! Certainly not another "Saving someones privates" but a movie that hasn't been taken from the cookie cutter. A movie that makes you "feel" what the character is feeling / expressing, plus informative. I think the last time I felt the intense action and anticipation was when I watched "Das Boot". Even though they were the "enemy", you still cheered for them and hoped they made it.
Sure...it would be neat to see some remakes of the "classics" but it would be nice to see something out of the norm.

Return to “Movies, games & other fiction”