WW 2 games today........

Discussions on WW2 and pre-WW2 related movies, games, military art and other fiction.
Jagpanther

WW 2 games today........

Post by Jagpanther » 05 Jan 2003, 10:13

I am relishing in these new ww2 games coming out. I want MORE MORE MORE!!!!!

Medal of Honour Allied assault was brilliant! The D-Day scene was astounding......it was just like watching saving private ryan.

Sudden Strike was cool aswell. It was far more realistic and gives the feel of being a real German commander!!

Sudden Strike 2 is out and im DEFINATLY saving up for it!!!!!!!![/img]

Zachary

Post by Zachary » 05 Jan 2003, 17:11

Hi Jagpanther.

I have Medal of Honor Frontline which is the same things except for PS2 and I was absolutely addicted to it! Great game!

Sudden Strike 2 I hear was a big dissapointment. Ever heard of Blitzkrieg? It will be a great improvement over Sudden Strike and it's made by the same people I believe.
Regards,
Zachary

Martin Kirkegaard

Post by Martin Kirkegaard » 05 Jan 2003, 23:40

I would recommend Hearts of Iron. I have been playing this game a lot lately. It's a very comprehensive strategy game. You do research to create better units. You have control over your government, and can replace a minister, if he starts to bug you. Then of course there's the war element... yummy...

Zachary

Post by Zachary » 06 Jan 2003, 03:12

Yes Hearts of Iron is good too, I have that.

Jagpanther

Censors.......

Post by Jagpanther » 06 Jan 2003, 03:19

I have a game that was banned around the world except for 5 American States and South Africa. Its called WW2 Generals:Target Europe. My version is quite entertaining if not a bit shabby.
It is very much like a cross between Age of Empires and Sudden Strike.
They banned it for the following reasons.

1. All officers from all armys have a feature that can allow you to execute surendering soldiers.

2. 3 of the German levels are based in an unmarked concentration camp.....in one for those levels you have to "minimise excess detainees" as it says in the breifing. So you actualy shoot them into a mass grave outside your camp. Its pretty graphic and quite sad to see these little naked bodies fall into a big ditch. The reason you have to kill the prisioners is becuse you come under attack by Allied forces in the next level.

3.Play as the Russians and you manage a camp in 2 of the levels...the objective is to find able men for the Red Army but it does include shooting escaapees. Heavy eh?

4.There is a German level in which you can use secret police to round up Jews, Communists and other people who dont agree with the facist cause.
Its in a level after the invasion of Poland in an occupied city.

5.It has some language that is less that friendly in sone of the more dire situations that your troops get into. "eg If an American squad comes under fire, you may here something to the effect of "The're f**king killin us!" and other phrases for each army. It also as a little message box down the bottom in which it will say things like
(Stg.Hartman says:)Bridge secured.
(Capt.Easly says:)Recieved.
All the bad languare comes up here!

I still here rumors of a WW2 Generals: Target Africa and a quite viloent WW2 Generals: Target Pacific. I think this one would have much contravesy with the Japanese warcrimes proboaly being involved in the game.

Romulus

Post by Romulus » 06 Jan 2003, 03:50

That game sounds awesome, how old is it?

Jagpanther

Post by Jagpanther » 06 Jan 2003, 05:40

About 2 or 3 years old. Good luck finding it. My older brother got it for me and he wouldnt tell me how. I got him looking for its other 2 sequals that are games on there own.

I need them and I should have the complete set!

It says who made it in the intro but it flickers the makers in white and it only stays for about a second......to fast for me but ill try and freeze my pc on that screen.

I have just beem playing it! I used relentless attacks with my Pak 88's on a Russian position. THe surrendered and I used my officer (who can order the troops to execute for him) to unload into these Russians......too bad I didnt realise a T-34 that wiped out the entire squad as they were shooting. DAMN DAMN DAMN!!!!!!!!!

It follows different modes of play such as Seek and Destroy, Occupy, Infiltrait, Demolition and Arrest.

Return to “Movies, games & other fiction”