Need help identifying WWII Movie

Discussions on WW2 and pre-WW2 related movies, games, military art and other fiction.
jluetjen

Need help identifying WWII Movie

Post by jluetjen » 26 Oct 2019 20:51

Years ago I saw a movie staring a well known US performer. My memory says Frank Senatra, but maybe it was someone else since I can't find it in his filmography in IMDB.

The movie covers the life of a german solder, starting with him in North Africa as part of the Africa corps. I remember clearly a scene where he is organizing an ambush of a British vehicle while they are making tea. Later he returns home to see his bombed out homeland and his family. The movie winds down as he returns to action in Europe and I believe that the movie ends as he is shot by some American soldiers in a pine forest. Basically using his character to personify the downfall of the German forces.

Does this ring a bell with anyone?

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Re: Need help identifying WWII Movie

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 27 Oct 2019 03:39

THe movie is The Young Lions starring Marlon Brando-Dean Martin-Montgomery Clift.

Quite a good flick , the story line of the German is the best,Martins is weak and Clifts after basic training is kind of the same, second rate, both seem as lesser to Brandos part

jluetjen

Re: Need help identifying WWII Movie

Post by jluetjen » 12 Nov 2019 00:10

Thank-you!

Return to “Movies, games & other fiction”