Julius Streicher & Comedian Harmonists

Discussions on WW2 and pre-WW2 related movies, games, military art and other fiction.
GregSingh

Julius Streicher & Comedian Harmonists

Post by GregSingh » 30 Aug 2020 07:09

Was Julius Streicher indeed a fan of this music group as was suggested in 1997 movie?
Which concerts did he personally attend and for how long this "love affair" lasted?

There are bits and pieces about this group, but not much serious research...
Couldn't even find a complete list of concerts, but it seemed thousands of people attended each one...
The more you let yourself to go, the less others will let you to go.
F.Nietzsche

Waleed Y. Majeed

Re: Julius Streicher & Comedian Harmonists

Post by Waleed Y. Majeed » 30 Aug 2020 11:30

Hello GregSingh. Have you seen link posted below with list of dates, concerts, locations for the Comedian Harmonists, Comedy Harmonists and Meister-Sextett?
I did find concerts mentioning Streicher, Goebbels, Frick, Funk and some others. A lot of KdF concerts and also for the Winterhilfswerk. Not into the group or 1997 movie so not sure if you are only looking for the original group or the groups that followed with some of the original members.
Here’s the link: http://www.comedian-harmonists.net/?page_id=26

Waleed

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Post by Ivan Ž. » 30 Aug 2020 11:43

I haven't watched the movie, so I don't know to which year(s) the scene(s) with Streicher refer(s) to. But according to the lists on the website linked by Waleed, he (and Goebbels) attended some of their concerts after the group had no more Jewish members in it.

Ivan

GregSingh

Post by GregSingh » 31 Aug 2020 00:09

Waleed, thank you for that direct link. Somehow it did not come up in my searches...
I did not realize original group gave so many concerts!
Ivan, as I remember, there was a scene in the movie that during the concert a group of SA men in the gallery started to make some loud noises against Jewish members of the group. Streicher, who was sitting in the front row calmed them down, briefly apologized to singers and ask them to continue the performance.
The more you let yourself to go, the less others will let you to go.
F.Nietzsche

Biber

Post by Biber » 31 Aug 2020 11:31

As I remember that was a very good movie, well worth the effort to see.

Return to “Movies, games & other fiction”