Nuremberg (2000) soundtrack

Discussions on WW2 and pre-WW2 related movies, games, military art and other fiction.
Demon of Night

Nuremberg (2000) soundtrack

Post by Demon of Night » 30 Aug 2003, 04:20

[Two threads dealing with "Nuremberg" soundtrack have been merged by the music section host, Ivan Ž.]

If you've ever seen the beginning of the "Judgement at Nuremberg" then you know that march at the beginning. Or in the newer version, "Nuremberg" the one where Hermann Göring is in his cell and then he starts singing a march and then it's like he's thinking back and he can still hear it in his head. Well, the things I'm curious about are was that a real march? Or was it made just for the movie. And if it is a real march what is it called because I have yet to find that march anywhere! Not even the name! So if you know anything about this march than please tell me! Danke!

-Raina

gokyu

Post by gokyu » 30 Aug 2003, 07:30

This one's easy...The march in the miniseries "Nuremberg" where Göring is singing is a real song called "Wenn wir marschieren" (When We March)

Here are the lyrics:

1. Wenn wir marschieren,
ziehn wir zum deutschen Tor hinaus,
schwarzbraunes Mädel,
du bleibst zu haus.

Chorus:
Ei darum wink, mein Madel wink, wink, wink,
unter einer grünen Lialind
sitzt ein kleiner Fink, Fink, Fink,
ruft nur immer: Mädel, wink!

2. Der Wirt muß borgen,
er soll nicht rappelköpfisch sein,
sonst kehr'n wir morgen
beim andern ein.

Chorus

3. Weg mit den Sorgen,
weg mit der Widerwärtigkeit,
morgen ist morgen,
heute ist heut'.

Chorus

4. Wenn wir heimkehren,
ziehn wir durchs deutsche Tor herein;
schwarzbraunes Mädel,
dann wirst du mein.

Chorus

I started a nice thread on this song, which Wulpe was nice enough to translate most of the words I didn't know, and then we started a bit on the similarities between German and English....here's the thread:

http://www.thirdreichforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=27476

-Bryan

---

Das Wasser soll dein Spiegel sein
erst wenn es glatt ist, wirst du sehen
wieviel Märchen dir noch bleibt
und um Erlösung wirst du flehen

Demon of Night

Post by Demon of Night » 30 Aug 2003, 08:15

I can not thank you enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Danke danke danke schön!!! You even gave the lyrics, thank you so so much!

-Raina

MrFurious

Post by MrFurious » 03 Sep 2003, 09:35

reichpilot

Need Song Help

Post by reichpilot » 24 Apr 2005, 12:38

In the movie Judgement at Nuremberg, the black and white movie with Spencer Tracey, I need to find out the title of a song. There is a scene where spencer Treacy is walking in front of the stands at the Zeppelin Field and there is a song playing. After the song stops, a five second speech clip of AH can be heard. I need the name of that tune. This song is also heard in the other movie called Nuremberg, and was being sung quietly by Goering while he was in his cell. I can't grasp the words to post a sample. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Don

reichpilot

Post by reichpilot » 24 Apr 2005, 13:53

I found it by searching in this forum. It is called "Wenn wir marschieren" (When We March).

Don

Guarnere

Post by Guarnere » 24 Apr 2005, 14:48

Now that was quite a coincidence, I was going to ask the same thing. This week, a teacher of Internacional Law, showed us "Nuremberg", that I've already seen several times. And I wanted to know exactly the name of this song, so thanks for the answer. Ah, by the way, just to confirm, was that other song, sang by Goering while knocking his lighter on the chair, "Horst Wessel"? I'm not sure because we've seen the movie on VHS and the tape was a bit damaged during this scene.
Thanks in advance.

Antonino

spirit.of.sacrifice

Post by spirit.of.sacrifice » 16 May 2005, 11:28

yes, that was the Horst Wessel Song he was humming...

I've been searching for the "Wenn wir marschieren" track for some time now...

Dieter

Post by Dieter » 17 May 2005, 03:59

MikchaelConley

Need Help with song from the Movie Nuremberg

Post by MikchaelConley » 14 Mar 2006, 22:27

Can any one tell me the name of the song which is played in the Movie Nuremberg with Alec Baldwin the song is played during the middle of the Movie it comes when the fellow playing Goring is in his Cell remembering at first it starts very low and he is humming then he starts to sing and the song gets louder and clear, Now this could be a Luftwaffe marche and or a Nazi Rally song wish I was knowledgeble enough to know but I do not but, I found the song very interesting, would love to know its name and can I get it anywhere somebody please help me!!!. Also is there a CD or Cassette that can be purchased of the most important music of the Third reich and its Military if so can someone give me the heads ups I do not want to buy anything thats all distorted or crackly looking for good clear music. I currently am undergoing rehab for wounds recieved in Iraq I lost both legs, and there are folks here that boom this Gosh awful hip hop trash to the point where my hair hurts I would love to blast them away with some good strong march music any help would be forever appreciated imagine the looks on thier faces many thanks for any consideration Mike Conley

Mehmet Fatih

Post by Mehmet Fatih » 15 Mar 2006, 23:35

It was "Wenn wir marschieren" as far as I remember.

You may find it here.

http://ingeb.org/Lieder/wennwirm.html

Regards
Fatih

Mellkor

Nuremberg

Post by Mellkor » 19 Jul 2009, 21:59

Could you somebody tell me the name of the march song which was used in Nuremberg (Baldwin, Cox) from 2000?

It is in the end of the first part, Cox [Göring] sing it in his cell at first by himself and then many oither voices appear in background...

I tried to find it in the credits but I wasn't successful.

Thanks in advance.

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Post by Ivan Ž. » 21 Jul 2009, 13:36

Hello,

It's the folk song "Wenn wir marschieren" (...ei darum Mädel, Mädel, wink, wink, wink...)

Cheers,
Ivan

Return to “Movies, games & other fiction”