Historical Advisor for Hearts of Iron 4 Project

Discussions on WW2 and pre-WW2 related movies, games, military art and other fiction.
Der Rittmeister

Historical Advisor for Hearts of Iron 4 Project

Post by Der Rittmeister » 22 May 2021 22:02

Hello forum!

I am here today hoping to catch someone’s interest for a special project I am working on. It is for the strategy data game Hearts of Iron Four focusing on World War Two.
I am working on a project solely alone to bring a more authentic, immersive and interesting experience into HOI4 for historical World War Two nerds like myself.
The project aims to bring new unique technology trees for all major powers and will strive to present historical organizations to division and units, as well as a lot more equipment than in vanilla HOI4.
I am looking for historical advisor preferably that knows about German and Soviet organizations of divisions and units. The project will also have different start dates in the game like, June 21 1944, December 15 1944 and later down the line 1943, 42 and 41 start dates. This would then require the ability to find correct order of battles of Soviet armies/Western armies vice versa during their respective start dates in order to bring a truly realistic presentation to the specific start dates.
The amount of dedication that is expected from this is absolutely minimal and laid back. It will help a bunch for me to have some historical advisors that I could contact regularly. The communication can be by chat, or by voice chat on Discord. That is up to what the advisor prefers.
Here you can have a look at some small teaser images of German Equipment that will be available in the mod:

Bonus Russian Infantry Weapons:

! Take note that some of the images you see are heavily WIP and some are even outdated. Uncorrect names of equipment may also be in the list but these will off course be corrected at a later date. This is only a small part of the equipment that will be available.

Return to “Movies, games & other fiction”