Close Combat 3 The Russian Front (German Hero)

Discussions on WW2 and pre-WW2 related movies, games, military art and other fiction.
TheFjordFox

Close Combat 3 The Russian Front (German Hero)

Post by TheFjordFox » 28 Nov 2021, 10:04

Hello again, good people of AHF!

So, I've just started a playthrough of Close Combat 3 The Russian Front on my youtube channel. I'm a seasoned veteran of the series, and will be playing through it on the hardest difficulty. I'll try to offer up some tips and knowledge as we move along through the episodes!

This is my favourite CC game of all times, mainly due to the roster system, and the fact that you follow only one army group (your own) through the war, that you can modify, upgrade and replace the composition of as you move along. This is something I wish more CC games would do, as it really gets you more connected to your units.

Early on you will, as the Germans, be up against fairly weak Russian forces, but as the campaign progresses, this will, as it did historically, be switched around slowly but surely. Should you choose to play as the Russians, obviously the opposite would be true. In my eyes, this game is truly a gem, and no other CC game has had the same thrilling core mechanics to it since. Unfortunately. Numerous improvements have been made in the franchise, but this always has been, and always will be my favourite. Unless of course they take what really worked with this game and implement it in newer ones of course, but the way thing have been going with the franchise lately, gameplay-wise, I don't see that happening, and I see them continuing down a downhill slope. At least subjectively from my standpoint.

Either way! The first episode is linked below!

Episode 1 - Barbarossa

The rest can be found on my youtube channel, in the Close Combat Playthroughs playlist section.

Hope you'll find it a decent watch, if you choose to check it out - and have a good one!

Return to “Movies, games & other fiction”