War in Court - The Yugoslavia Trials (Part 1/2) G/RBB: 2021

Discussions on WW2 and pre-WW2 related movies, games, military art and other fiction.
Hans1906
Banned

War in Court - The Yugoslavia Trials (Part 1/2) G/RBB: 2021

Post by Hans1906 » 11 Apr 2022, 13:56

2-part docu on Arte:

War in Court - The Yugoslavia Trials / Krieg vor Gericht - Die Jugoslawien-Prozesse
Cities under siege, displaced families and civilians held captive in concentration camps. As the Balkan War rages in the heart of Europe, the United Nations responds by creating an International Criminal Court to try war crimes. Investigators discover mass graves in which 8,000 Muslim men from Srebrenica were buried...
Arte topic page: https://www.arte.tv/de/videos/087363-00 ... zesse-1-2/

A disturbing documentary, and given the current situation, it is hoped that those responsible can also be held accountable.

* I'm getting sick of this documentary again.
I remember my dear ladyfriend Zlatica, she lost a large part of her family and relatives in this senseless war for nothing but hatred and revenge.

Her later life was unhappy, married into an Arab household here in Germany.
A slave worker, good for nothing, treated like a dog, like a piece of trash.
Zlatica probably drank herself to death years ago, an unloved girl from a mixed marriage.
Just a little story, but very common, even here in wonderful Germany, which is sometimes more than brutal...

Sometimes I wish I could turn the clock back over the years.
A wish that will never come true, we all have to live with all our mistakes until our very last day.

Hans
The paradise of the successful lends itself perfectly to a hell for the unsuccessful. (Bertold Brecht on Hollywood)

Return to “Movies, games & other fiction”