"Cross of Iron" question

Discussions on WW2 and pre-WW2 related movies, games, military art and other fiction.
Kim Sung

Meyer Scene III

Post by Kim Sung » 10 Aug 2005, 15:27

Eisernes Kreutz für Lt. Meyer!
Last edited by Kim Sung on 11 Aug 2005, 12:10, edited 2 times in total.

Kim Sung

Meyer Scene IV

Post by Kim Sung » 10 Aug 2005, 15:29

Für Uns!
Last edited by Kim Sung on 11 Aug 2005, 10:24, edited 1 time in total.

Durand

Post by Durand » 10 Aug 2005, 15:50

Killchola,

Per the forum guidelines, please identify the source(s) for the images you are posting.

Durand

Kim Sung

Post by Kim Sung » 10 Aug 2005, 16:03

These movie clips are from my DVD that I purchased here in Korea last year. If these postings don't match the guideline of this forum, I'll delete them.

Durand

Post by Durand » 10 Aug 2005, 16:31

Hallo Killchola,

The forum guidelines reflect:
We regard posting one or two images from a book, cd, website etc while giving proper credit to the source as acceptable use, but posting large amounts of images from books etc without first recieving permission from the author or publisher is not acceptable. The same of course applies to not giving proper credit.
Please edit the images to conform with the guidelines.

Durand

Kim Sung

Post by Kim Sung » 11 Aug 2005, 01:42

Durand wrote:We regard posting one or two images from a book, cd, website etc while giving proper credit to the source as acceptable use, but posting large amounts of images from books etc without first recieving permission from the author or publisher is not acceptable. The same of course applies to not giving proper credit.
I understand. I didn't know that large amounts of images are not allowed in this forum. In accordance with the guideline, I'll delete my postings on Lt. Meyer by AM 9, on August 11(standard time of this forum).

Kurz Patrone

Post by Kurz Patrone » 11 Aug 2005, 03:22

Killchola

You just made my day,now after work im watching it again on my huge screen and my 6.1 dolby
digital sorround system,too bad that the dvd release has only crappy mono sound lol .
Thankyou and ill be drinking a beer in your name and meyers cheers.
Mauro.

Kim Sung

Ideology and the Freedom of Expression

Post by Kim Sung » 11 Aug 2005, 15:43

Cross of Iron, my favorite war movie was not imported to Korea in late 1970s, not because of its sex-oriented scene but because scenes of the red army soldiers.

At the time here, everything related to communist countries was completely forbidden in this extreme McCarthyist society.

For example, the famous movie "Sunflowers" starred by Marcello Mastroianni and Sophia Loren could not be imported because it has scenes of buildings and streets of the Soviet Union.

Until late 1980s, mentioning about these things even in private places led to arrest and torture. For instance, in 1987, a teacher who told his friend "The level of democracy in the Philippines is higher than that of Korea" was arrested and dismissed from his school. And a university student who bought a textbook of the Russian language for his study was arrested and severely tortured by the police. We had so many cases like these until 1990s.

More recently, Microsoft war simulation game, Close Combat 3 which deals with the Russian Front in WW2 was not imported because of its cover in which a Russian soldier is pointing his finger. So, I asked my sister in New York to buy and send that.

Today, ideological control like above-mentioned things has weakened to a large degree. They are becoming quite episodes of history. Aren't they funny???

karl stiner

Post by karl stiner » 11 Aug 2005, 17:45

yes i have the sound track to the movie every song :P :D

Kim Sung

Who is this German actress?

Post by Kim Sung » 13 Aug 2005, 13:13

Who is this German actress shown on the credit of Cross of Iron?

*I'll delete this movie clip after I am informed of the name of this actress. I know that this posting of image file is against the guideline of this forum, but there's no other way to find other photos of hers. Sorry...
Attachments
actress.gif
actress.gif (98.47 KiB) Viewed 2558 times

Durand

Post by Durand » 13 Aug 2005, 14:05

Hallo killchola,

According to the guidelines:
We regard posting one or two images from a book, cd, website etc while giving proper credit to the source as acceptable use, but posting large amounts of images from books etc without first recieving permission from the author or publisher is not acceptable. The same of course applies to not giving proper credit.
To clarify, a few images from a single source with proper credit are allowed. The posting of many images without the permission of the author/publisher and without proper credit is not.

Your use of the image here is allowable under the guidelines.

Regards,

Durand
Last edited by Durand on 13 Aug 2005, 14:19, edited 2 times in total.

Durand

Post by Durand » 13 Aug 2005, 14:14

Hallo killchola,
Who is this German actress shown on the credit of Cross of Iron?
If she is in the credits, then you should already have the name.

It has been more than 20 years since I saw the film, but a check at http://www.imdb.com

reflects that two women are credited in the cast -- Veronique Vendell and Senta Berger.

Is the woman Veronique Vendell? More information on her can be found at:

http://www.cyranos.ch/sbvend-e.htm

Or is it Senta Berger? More information on her at:

http://www.celebritystorm.com/actresses ... raphy.html

http://www.answers.com/topic/senta-berger

Regards,

Durand

Kim Sung

Post by Kim Sung » 13 Aug 2005, 15:32

Thank you for your info, but I think she is neither Veronique Vendell nor Senta Berger.

She is shown not in the credit but in a Nazi propaganda movie shot in the prologue in which scenes of Hitler Youth climbing mountains are contrasted with the horrors of war, over which German children are heard singing a Kinderlied. It was my mistake that I told she's shown in the credit.

GEB

the body in the road...

Post by GEB » 13 Aug 2005, 17:05

My father was in the Pacific. A Navy corpman. (Guan, Iwo Jima, Ie Shima, Okinawa) He didn't talk about the war. Ever.
When I was about 10, my uncle gave me all his war souviners from the war in Europe; bullets, some German army books, the timer fuse for an 88, and a cigar box gull of photographs including a lot of German origin. The photos were totally cool.

One day I asked my dad why he didn't have any cool pictures from the war. His response was simple and straight forward and I never asked the question again. He said, "Because you don't take pictures of men who've been run over by tanks...."

Think about it. A guy is killed during combat. He's dead and in the process of advancing the attack, or saving your own life, you have the choice of running him over OR getting out and moving the body. One body of thousands that are in your way. Afterwards, the ground freezes. And then thaws. Who'se going out there, even after the battle moves on, to retrieve what is now essentially a coat and boots full of broken bones and rotting flesh held together by a leather belt. One of thousands. Ashes to ashes...

War ain't pretty and sure as hell isn't accompanied by the smell of buttered popcorn!

landser32

Post by landser32 » 18 Aug 2005, 05:08

Now here's a toughie, what is the song and the lyrics that Stieners men are singing as they make they're way back to the German lines in Russian uniforms all to the soft music of the harmonica?

Landser32

Return to “Movies, games & other fiction”