Have any of you heard of "Hearts of Iron"?

Discussions on WW2 and pre-WW2 related movies, games, military art and other fiction.
Zachary

Have any of you heard of "Hearts of Iron"?

Post by Zachary » 19 Aug 2002, 22:53

Hearts of Iron is supposed to come out in October but they have pictures etc. already. It's the type of game where you have economy, large forces, all that stuff. But the fun part is diplomacy. Germany could ally with the US or even Britain.
Regards,
Zachary

L-V Jr.

Post by L-V Jr. » 09 Sep 2002, 10:25

yeah i heard about it. there's a thread about not so long ago.

Zachary

Post by Zachary » 09 Sep 2002, 14:19

After almost a month someone answers! :D :D

Marcus

Post by Marcus » 09 Sep 2002, 14:26

It's from the guys behind the excellent Europa Universalis II, and here is some info from their site:
Overview
Hearts of Iron is the first ever World War II PC game of true Grand Strategic scope. The game map spans the entire world and allows players to take the War to any new front of their choosing. Any nation in the world is playable, but the game focuses on the epic struggle between the great alliances of the new world orders Fascism, Communism and Democracy.

Hearts of Iron is developed by the team behind the awardwinning sales success Europa Universalis I and II and brings the same superdetail to a modern day gaming experience.

Hearts of Iron aims to be no less than the definitive World War II strategic experience.

Features
Epic gameplay - Global map with all the nations between 1936-1946

Scenario Editor - Allows the players to modify and construct their own settings and campaigns and add national detail in thousands of combinations! Will assure great replayability and community activity!

Deep diplomatic model - Unique system to simulate political systems and their effect on neutral nations in relation to alliances.

Highly advanced research model - Change the course of war by getting superweapons and better production capabilities.

Real Time gameplay set to pause at any time.

Historical generals and political leaders. Thousands of real persons researched for individual detailed uniqueness.

Strategic level military system - over 100 different ground, air and naval forces fighting the total war on divisional level.

Optimized for Multiplayer - Hearts of Iron enables players to easily meet over the net through our proprietary Valkyrienet matchmaking service.

2 hours of quality musical recordings in MP3 format.

http://www.paradoxplaza.com/hearts.asp

/Marcus

Zachary

Post by Zachary » 09 Sep 2002, 22:32

I was expecting some more exciting pictures for the game. The words are nice but the "scenery" doesn't look like much! :D
Zach

Caldric

Post by Caldric » 09 Sep 2002, 22:55

Holy cow!!! Thanks Marcus, I was just talking the other day about how much I love Universalis, and how it would be amazing for them to move the timeline up a couple of hundred years and add tanks and such. This should be a wonderful game to own if it comes close to the first and second ones.

Return to “Movies, games & other fiction”