Game: guess from which war/historical movie is the picture?

Discussions on WW2 and pre-WW2 related movies, games, military art and other fiction.
Uncle John

Re: Game: guess from which war/historical movie is the picture?

Post by Uncle John » 26 Mar 2023, 23:02

JESUS! ........................that was his last word before he went down.....

You are correct, Attrition.....you are next!

LineDoggie

Post by LineDoggie » 26 Mar 2023, 23:21

Attrition wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 15:37

The British and French after the Munich Agreement. Which country had no slave empire between 1918 and 1939? Oh and I think you mean which country took back western Belarus and western Ukraine in 1939 after losing them during the Polish aggression of 1919-1921? (No guesses for which country allied with Germany in 1934.)
Keep defending nazi allies it amuses the rest of us

there is no way you can get around the soviets were by treaty Nazi Allies and in fact enabled the germans to get around Versailles treaty restrictions and inspections by giving them places to train Pilots (Lipetsk), Tankers (Kazan), Artillerymen (Rostov on Don) and even allowed staff officers to attend soviet Staff Academies. Trainloads each week of critical material sent west to the nazis to enable the Reich war machine to be built and used against Poland, France, Denmark, Norway, Netherlands, Luxemburg, Belgium, United Kingdom, hell even Spain

Soviets enabled the nazis and were tight butt buddies until the Nazis turned on the reds

The Soviets in 1939-41 tried to foment mutinies in the French Army, British Army and get unions in both nations to strike on defence production lines to help their Nazi buddies win

Boo Hoo they lost people to the nazis after they helped the nazis

also learn to quote properly
"There are two kinds of people who are staying on this beach: those who are dead and those who are going to die. Now let’s get the hell out of here".
Col. George Taylor, 16th Infantry Regiment, Omaha Beach

LineDoggie

Post by LineDoggie » 27 Mar 2023, 03:45

Attrition wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 15:37
Which country had no slave empire between 1918 and 1939?
"Slave Empire''™ ? you mean like the Gulags?
"There are two kinds of people who are staying on this beach: those who are dead and those who are going to die. Now let’s get the hell out of here".

Attrition

Post by Attrition » 02 Apr 2023, 17:12

No I mean a slave empire, the Gulags are in the US. The clue is in the name.

Attrition

Post by Attrition » 02 Apr 2023, 17:23

[quote=LineDoggie post_id=2465127 time=1679865687 user_id=33126]
[quote=Attrition post_id=2465030 time=1679837827 user_id=33401]

The British and French after the Munich Agreement. Which country had no slave empire between 1918 and 1939? Oh and I think you mean which country took back western Belarus and western Ukraine in 1939 after losing them during the Polish aggression of 1919-1921? (No guesses for which country allied with Germany in 1934.)
[/quote]

Keep defending nazi allies it amuses the rest of us

there is no way you can get around the soviets were by treaty [b]Nazi Allies[/b] and in fact enabled the germans to get around Versailles treaty restrictions and inspections by giving them places to train Pilots (Lipetsk), Tankers (Kazan), Artillerymen (Rostov on Don) and even allowed staff officers to attend soviet Staff Academies. Trainloads each week of critical material sent west to the nazis to enable the Reich war machine to be built and used against Poland, France, Denmark, Norway, Netherlands, Luxemburg, Belgium, United Kingdom, hell even Spain

Soviets enabled the nazis and were tight butt buddies until the Nazis turned on the reds

The Soviets in 1939-41 tried to foment mutinies in the French Army, British Army and get unions in both nations to strike on defence production lines to help their Nazi buddies win

Boo Hoo they lost people to the nazis after they[b] helped the nazis[/b]

also learn to quote properly
[/quote]

It's hypocritical to treat the same behaviour differently. The British and French allied with Germany in 1938, the USSR did the same in 1939, the Polish fascists in 1934. Everyone wanted to do deals with Hitler, either to keep the peace or to gain an advantage against a rival. The USSR was ready to go to war over Czechoslovakia in 1938, sent aircraft to Czech airfields and was ready to send the army but the British and French adroitly deprived Hitler over his big war against the Czechs by pretending that he really meant what he said about Sudetenland. This kept the peace but not the rump of Czechoslovakia (occupied in march 1939) and kept the Red Army out of central Europe. Stalin tried to appease Hitler the following year, "what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander". Oh and the trade deals would only increase German dependency on the USSR, not the other way round. Like the US empire now, the Germans didn't want to trade with the USSR then, they wanted to plunder it. Not going too well this time round either is it? ;O)

LineDoggie

Post by LineDoggie » 02 Apr 2023, 23:59

Attrition wrote:
02 Apr 2023, 17:23

It's hypocritical to treat the same behaviour differently. The British and French allied with Germany in 1938, the USSR did the same in 1939, the Polish fascists in 1934. Everyone wanted to do deals with Hitler, either to keep the peace or to gain an advantage against a rival.
As soon as you post ''US Empire''™ I know I'm dealing with an imbecile

How do I prove it?

United Kingdom? Not a Nazi Ally by treaty
France? Not a Nazi Ally by treaty
Poland? NOT a Nazi Ally by treaty
Czechoslovakia? NOT a Nazi Ally by treaty

Russia (Soviet union) WAS a Nazi Ally by treaty

Now are you going to continue wibbling or post a movie image?

Again learn to use the quoting function properly instead of the wall of redundant text posts you make

LineDoggie

Post by LineDoggie » 03 Apr 2023, 00:13

Attrition wrote:
02 Apr 2023, 17:12
No I mean a slave empire, the Gulags are in the US. The clue is in the name.

Is not forced labor Slavery? did Soviet Russia not have hundreds of such camps?

18 Million persons sent to forced labor 1.6 million died in that forced labor

But to You that's not slavery?
Attachments
7gta92.jpg

Attrition

Post by Attrition » 04 Apr 2023, 19:10

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category: ... zi_Germany

It's your hypocrisy, ignorance and bad manners that I object to. The US isn't an empire? Tell that to the Seminoles and Cherokee, accommodated in concentration camps invented by that nice Andrew Jackson.

LineDoggie

Post by LineDoggie » 04 Apr 2023, 20:09

Attrition wrote:
04 Apr 2023, 19:10
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category: ... zi_Germany

It's your hypocrisy, ignorance and bad manners that I object to. The US isn't an empire? Tell that to the Seminoles and Cherokee, accommodated in concentration camps invented by that nice Andrew Jackson.
A Brit should NEVER opine about empire and bad treatment they way you lot went genocidal across half the planet

Now are you going to post a image of a movie or continue to whine?

Attrition

Post by Attrition » 05 Apr 2023, 11:25

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_i ... ted_States

Guilt by association? I've never invaded anyone, unlike you Septics. Oh and I'm English. I don't post questions here because I don't know how, I offer my go to anyone who does.

LineDoggie

Post by LineDoggie » 05 Apr 2023, 16:12

Attrition wrote:
05 Apr 2023, 11:25
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_i ... ted_States

Guilt by association? I've never invaded anyone, unlike you Septics. Oh and I'm English. I don't post questions here because I don't know how, I offer my go to anyone who does.
England never invaded anyone LMMFBO!!!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_w ... ed_Kingdom
Attachments
2bobs.jpg

Waleed Y. Majeed

Post by Waleed Y. Majeed » 05 Apr 2023, 16:38

Please play! Some one please post something new… an image & question please… film related please…

Waleed

LineDoggie

Post by LineDoggie » 05 Apr 2023, 17:24

Decent movie
Attachments
170965__23881.jpg
170965__23881.jpg (37.62 KiB) Viewed 498 times

Attrition

Post by Attrition » 05 Apr 2023, 19:37

Taxi for Tobruk

LineDoggie

Post by LineDoggie » 05 Apr 2023, 20:26

Attrition wrote:
05 Apr 2023, 19:37
Taxi for Tobruk
No, but he is wearing winter gear as a hint

Return to “Movies, games & other fiction”