Matrix Games - War in Russia

Discussions on WW2 and pre-WW2 related movies, games, military art and other fiction.
Gwynn Compton

Matrix Games - War in Russia

Post by Gwynn Compton » 10 Sep 2002, 09:32

Does anyone else have the Matrix Games edition of War in Russia and are interested in PBEM? If so, get in contact with me, as I've been trying to find a human opponent for sometime, given that the computer is fairly predictable.

Gwynn

Tim Smith

Post by Tim Smith » 12 Sep 2002, 16:41

I downloaded this game a while ago but haven't played it yet - still too busy playing Clash of Steel by PBEM! I love COS, it's simple and quick to play but the ground combat system is superb (only the naval warfare is too simplistic.)

WIR has so many factors that I know I'll be tempted to micromanage everything and probably get it wrong. Also I've heard that it is very difficult to manage the Axis Western and Italian Fronts and stop them from collapsing early.

Still, I'm willing to give it a go if you're prepared to play an absolute novice and tell me where I'm going wrong! ;) I'd have to play as the Soviets first - since they made so many mistakes historically I won't feel so bad repeating them!

Rob S.

Post by Rob S. » 12 Sep 2002, 17:10

Gwynn, it's a good game but most people I play tend to go overboard with tanks. I haven't played it in awhile because of this.

Return to “Movies, games & other fiction”