War Movie

Discussions on WW2 and pre-WW2 related movies, games, military art and other fiction.
Bad Tolz

War Movie

Post by Bad Tolz » 29 Mar 2002 12:45

Its called "Dark Blue World",have not seen it but its apparently about Pilots during WW2 in Battle of Britain.
While Pearl HArbour had a HUGE HUGE budget,this movie had a TINY one,a real small one but its said to blow the socks of Pearl Harbour in every respect.
Anyone actually seen it ?

Dan Feltmate

Post by Dan Feltmate » 29 Mar 2002 17:43

German or allied piots?

Polizei27

War Movie

Post by Polizei27 » 30 Mar 2002 01:54

I wish someone would make a movie, while not necessarily sympathetic to the Germans, would at least be objective.

Polizei27

War Movie

Post by Polizei27 » 30 Mar 2002 01:55

I wish someone would make a movie, while not necessarily sympathetic to the Germans, would at least be objective.

Takao

Post by Takao » 30 Mar 2002 04:14

I'd like to see someone do a movie on Jagdgeschwader 26. There is a lot to tell about that unit and it would probably make a great war movie. But I can see some scriptwiter throwing in a love triangle a la "Pearl Harbor" and "Titanic" and it would go downhill from there...Then again maybe they shouldn't make a movie on JG 26.

Der Schwarze Ritter

movies

Post by Der Schwarze Ritter » 30 Mar 2002 09:24

It would be cool 8) if they made another Anti War movie, about the Eastern front. A bunch of young Hitler youth boys who fantasize about fighting the Russians :evil: , when the Russians :twisted: are getting closer they are thrown into battle and there they learn what the war is really like instead of the propaganda that they were fed. The movie should have graphic battle scenes,blood and guts etc.etc. oh and no love romance crap just focus on the war.

-Daniel-

Bad Tolz

Here is

Post by Bad Tolz » 31 Mar 2002 05:29

I did a search.
This movie focuses on some Czechoslovak pilots during Battle of Britain.It shows also how when they returned home,they were imprisoned and brutalised by the Communist/Soviet regime,because they had come into contact with "the west"
It has apparently no "good guys/bad guys" message,just focuses on the story of pilots who escaped their homeland,got spitfires to fly and fought.Also has a love story,but apparently not as silly as Pearl Harbour or Enemy at the Gates,it is more reaslistic.
The aerial battle scenes are said to be superb,top class.
Looking forward,could be ok.Id like to see their story,they were apparently very skilled pilots.

frenchval

Band Of Brothers

Post by frenchval » 24 Apr 2002 16:29

The TV series "Band of Brothers" is to me the best film ever made about war. It is simply splendid in every way, from the quality of reconstitution, the realism of the scene, the truthfulness of human behavior. It is G-R-E-A-T.

A little defect though: the series does not espace the classic pitfall of war filming : to many people packed at the same place.
Everyboby knows the golden rule of modern ground warfare : SPREAD OUT. And in every single movie you get to see bunches of soldiers stacked together.. definitly annoying but I end thinking that this has to do with a basic necessity of shooting a movie : make the audience understand the situation (who is there, what's happening to them) . Nevertheless...

Jurek

Post by Jurek » 02 May 2002 15:06

I've heard that there is a new film being made about the Battle of the Bulge, but I can't find any information. Has anyone heard anything?

Incidently, I heard about it on Amazon whilst browsing WW2 books, 'This book looks at the battle of the bulge which is the subject of a film to be released this summer.....'

Dan Feltmate

Post by Dan Feltmate » 02 May 2002 15:16

Return to “Movies, games & other fiction”