Upcoming WW2 Movies

Discussions on WW2 and pre-WW2 related movies, games, military art and other fiction.
Ando

Upcoming WW2 Movies

Post by Ando » 01 Oct 2002, 02:08

What war movies are people looking forward to being released in the next few years. Does anyone know any gossip of what might go into production? I heard Spielberg was looking at remaking Iwo Jima, now that would be a good movie.

Ando

Logan Hartke

Re: Upcoming WW2 Movies

Post by Logan Hartke » 01 Oct 2002, 02:16

Ando wrote:What war movies are people looking forward to being released in the next few years. Does anyone know any gossip of what might go into production? I heard Spielberg was looking at remaking Iwo Jima, now that would be a good movie.

Ando
I love Spielberg's movies, but PLEASE don't let him screw up The Sands of Iwo Jima!

Logan Hartke

spargonaut

Post by spargonaut » 02 Oct 2002, 04:54

I heard Russell Crowe was seeking to produce a film version of the book "The Long Green Shore" (Author not recalled). The story is reportedly based upon the war fought against Japan by Australian troops in the pacific. In Hollywood speak it is supposed to be a cross between "Saving Private Ryan" and "The Thin Red Line".

Ogorek

Post by Ogorek » 02 Oct 2002, 17:27

Anxiously awaiting Polanski's THE PIANIST, (Palme D'Or - Cannes ) based on the book by Wladyslaw Szpilman.

Also, Sidney Lumet had completed in 2000 THE BEAUTIFUL MRS. SEIDENMANN, based on the excellent book by Andrzej Szczypiorski, but I have heard nothing about it having been released.

Lumet is also supposed working on WHISTLE, the final volume of James Jones' triology.

Smert-Fashistam

huh

Post by Smert-Fashistam » 03 Oct 2002, 15:05

You mean to say they will NOT be making

Private Ryan 2 : th Private Leutenant

????!!!!!??????

:lol:

Homer martin

New movie

Post by Homer martin » 04 Oct 2002, 03:54

Spielberg was talking about making a show about Easy company of the 28th Marines 5th Division. That is the company that raised the 2nd flag on Iwo Jima. Joe's picture of the flaging raising maybe the most known photo ever taken.
If he dose this show it was to be on the lines of Band of Brothers. Easy company took more killed, wounded and mia in the battle for Iwo than the Easy company of Band of Brothers took in the hole war. Some of the members of the 28th fought with the 3rd Marines early, which should be covered by the show.

I hope this helps.

/HGM

Return to “Movies, games & other fiction”