Disney's "Hitlers Children" Education for Death

Discussions on WW2 and pre-WW2 related movies, games, military art and other fiction.
kobold

Disney's "Hitlers Children" Education for Death

Post by kobold » 05 Oct 2002, 02:17

I just got a copy of this video by Disney, as an mpg, off a friend tonight.

"Hitlers Children" Education for Death (the making of the nazi).

Anyone else seen it?
Anyone wants it let me know - 108mb.

I was told it is banned but havent seen anything about it online anywhere.

Dave

Der Schwarze Ritter

hc

Post by Der Schwarze Ritter » 08 Oct 2002, 08:43

I downloaded it on Direct connect but i couldn't get the whole thing, the video stops where the Knight comes and kick the witch out of the castle, i'm curious to see what happens next.

-Daniel-

kobold

Post by kobold » 08 Oct 2002, 13:52

let me know when you'd like to get it and i will put my ftp on for you, or if you use IRC I can always be reached on DALnet, in channels #fantasycentral, #cableinetters,
#abmj, or #Jo_Fans (i'll be there as Red_Baron or Warwick_Hunt).

I can send at 30k second - if its the same file you may be able to do a resume to save time, if not its only 108mb

Details of the file:size 108,038,112 bytes
filename: Disney_Nazi_Cartoon_(Banned).mpg

Dave

Eva

Post by Eva » 11 Oct 2002, 04:08

I have the cartoon also, I downloaded it from KaZaA. I can see why it was banned... it's a little intense. I also have "der Fuhrer's Face"- another funny Disney piece starring Donald Duck. I personally love the song. I'm willing to send either one to whomever wants it.
Love
EB

kobold

Post by kobold » 11 Oct 2002, 05:15

eva i would like a look at the "der Fuhrer's Face" animation if you could send it please.

would ftp or irc be preferable for you? (or any other method of sending).

please let me know when you could send it and i'll set it up.
pc is on 24/7 so it can be sent at your convenience :)

Dave

Geli

Post by Geli » 11 Oct 2002, 20:13

I'd like to have both cartoons. Do you need any special software to download and play them?

kobold

Post by kobold » 12 Oct 2002, 06:42

Geli wrote:I'd like to have both cartoons. Do you need any special software to download and play them?
ok my ftp will be on over the weekend 24/7 so anyone can grab it then.

i assume you are using windows on your pc?

if so, you can use internet explorer to grab the video-if you are on dial up it will take a VERY long time as it as 108mb in size .
When i was on dial up i could grab about 15-20mb per hour on a good day... (now i get 400mb per hour hehe)

ok.

load internet explorer, and where you normally type in a website url type the following:
(or click the link) !!!

ftp://62.30.87.81:65000

then press return.
Then a box appears asking for a username and password.
enter eva for both.
then click ok (the second one will appear as *** but dont worry about that).

after a few seconds the window will change to show a couple of icons.

one of these is the disney video (i dont have the other one yet).

if you left click on the file you want it should reveal the full filename so you know you have the correct file.

then right click on it, and a menu appears.

select the option "copy to folder" from this menu, and a file browser appears, which will allow you to select where on your pc to save the file.

once you have done that, then click ok
and it should begin copying.

I have placed a smallpicture file there so you can try that first if you wish-to make sure you get things right.

to play the video you should use something like windows media player.

if 108mb is too big for you to grab in one sesison let me knoand i can split it into smaller parts which you can then rejoin easily on your own pc once you have all the parts.

Dave

any problems just ask.

sylvieK4

Post by sylvieK4 » 12 Oct 2002, 15:16

Just last night I saw this advertised on the "Turner Classic Movies" Channel (T.C.M). According to the website for this station, "Hitler's Children" is due to air on the evening of this October 15th.

Click on this link, then click again where it says "list of films (hollywood takes on the nazis):

http://turnerclassicmovies.com/ThisMont ... 93,00.html

Geli

Post by Geli » 13 Oct 2002, 04:04

sylvieK4 wrote:Just last night I saw this advertised on the "Turner Classic Movies" Channel (T.C.M). According to the website for this station, "Hitler's Children" is due to air on the evening of this October 15th.
This is not the same film. TCM is airing a black and white live-action film, not a Disney cartoon.

Christian Ankerstjerne
Forum Staff

Post by Christian Ankerstjerne » 13 Oct 2002, 16:04

I'll be sure to DL it too :)

Christian

sylvieK4

Post by sylvieK4 » 13 Oct 2002, 19:26

Quote of Geli:
This is not the same film. TCM is airing a black and white live-action film, not a Disney cartoon.
Oh, okay. The film TCM is going to air has the exact same title and subtitle, hence the confusion.

White Leopard

Cartoons

Post by White Leopard » 14 Oct 2002, 11:40

Most of these wartime cartoons have been buried by the Hollywood studios that made them because they are no longer PC. The ones about the Japanese are not polite to say the least.

When my brother was a kid and watching cartoon shows on TV they often ran these wartime cartoons. It was the early '60's and PC was a thing of the future. Back then who cared. Cartoons were then thought of as just junk that was put on to babysit children. I remember seeing several of the Warner Brother ones run many times.

From time to time 16 milimeter film copies of these cartoons turn up on E-Bay. One of the Warner Brother ones, "Blitz Wolf", appeared twice recently. A propaganda version of "The Three Little Pigs", it featured you-know-who in caricature as the Big Bad Wolf. It was directed by the great Tex Avery, another selling point. Both copies went for well over $100.00. Too much for my pocketbook. I hope whoever got them will preserve them.

Der Schwarze Ritter

Video

Post by Der Schwarze Ritter » 19 Oct 2002, 05:10

Dave are you on direct connect or something,

-Daniel-

kobold

Post by kobold » 19 Oct 2002, 06:54

No i never use that.

I always use IRC for file sharing.

a couple of people are having trouble accessing the file on my ftp.

ftp://62.30.87.81:65000/

passowrd and login are: eva

theres a couple of people who are repeatedly trying port 21 (the default ftp port) but mine is set for port 65000, as is listed in the original post.

a few people have already downlaoded the file ok, (not to mention the dozens of others who get other stuff from me ).

dave.

screenshots of ftp access using internet explorer here:

http://www.walkerboyz.pwp.blueyonder.co ... ngftp.html

Return to “Movies, games & other fiction”