Game: Guess the war movie quote

Discussions on WW2 and pre-WW2 related movies, games, military art and other fiction.
Stormbird

Post by Stormbird » 31 Dec 2005 06:51

correct...................i guess its your turn again

Potsdamerplatz

Post by Potsdamerplatz » 31 Dec 2005 12:11

OK, here is one for you:

"I'm shattered. My world is toppling. What is the point of being a general when corporals prefer to be corporals?"

A very happy New Year and best wishes for 2006 to all forum members

Regards,

DAVID

Stormbird

Post by Stormbird » 31 Dec 2005 17:24

Night of the Generals

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE

Potsdamerplatz

Post by Potsdamerplatz » 31 Dec 2005 17:25

Yeah, you are correct Stormbird. Donald Pleasance in "THE NIGHT OF THE GENERALS" It is your turn again I believe my friend!!! :)

Happy New Year to you!!!!

DAVID

Stormbird

Post by Stormbird » 31 Dec 2005 17:38

I think ill pass my turn onto someone else, whoever feels like it can step up and have a go................

Potsdamerplatz

Post by Potsdamerplatz » 31 Dec 2005 17:57

I will have another go if no-one else minds. I am all alone on New Year's Eve and far away from the woman I love :cry:

"WELL MEN, I'VE GOT SOME NEWS FOR YOU"

"OH, YOU MEAN OUR RIFLES HAVE ARRIVED?"

"NO, BUT THE AMMUNITION HAS"

Regards,

DAVID

Captain

Post by Captain » 31 Dec 2005 18:15

Dad's Army

Potsdamerplatz

Post by Potsdamerplatz » 31 Dec 2005 18:17

Yes, you are correct Captain - the classic "DAD'S ARMY" movie - it is your turn again I believe and Happy New Year to you and best wishes for 2006.

Regards,

DAVID

Captain

Post by Captain » 31 Dec 2005 18:29

"When you surrender in war, you're stripped of your dignity as a soldier. And all you've got left is your fellow comrades, many of whom you've just met."

Stormbird

Post by Stormbird » 01 Jan 2006 03:59

To End all wars

If im right and im sure i am have another go, its more fun guessing than posting the quotes

batu

Post by batu » 01 Jan 2006 05:06

If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon. You will be a minister of death praying for war. But until that day you are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human, fucking beings. You are nothing but unorganized grabastic pieces of amphibian shit. Because I am hard you will not like me. But the more you hate me the more you will learn. I am hard but I am fair. There is no racial bigotry here. I do not look down on niggers, kikes, wops or greasers. Here you are all equally worthless. And my orders are to weed out all non-hackers who do not pack the gear to serve in my beloved Corps. Do you maggots understand that?

Today... is Christmas! There will be a magic show at zero-nine-thirty! Chaplain Charlie will tell you about how the free world will conquer Communism with the aid of God and a few marines! God has a hard-on for marines because we kill everything we see! He plays His games, we play ours! To show our appreciation for so much power, we keep heaven packed with fresh souls! God was here before the Marine Corps! So you can give your heart to Jesus, but your ass belongs to the Corps! Do you ladies understand?

I'll bet you're the kind of guy that would fuck a person in the ass and not even have the goddam common courtesy to give him a reach-around. I'll be watching you.

-Who said that? Who the fuck said that? Who's the slimy little communist shit, twinkle-toed cocksucker down here who just signed his own death warrant? Nobody, huh? The fairy fucking godmother said it. Out-fucking-standing. I will PT you all until you fucking die. I'll PT you until your assholes are sucking buttermilk.

-Was it you, you scroungy little fuck, huh?
- Sir, no Sir!
-You little piece of shit you look like a fucking worm, I bet it was you.
- Sir, no Sir!
- Sir, I said it, Sir!
-Well, no shit. What do we have here, a fucking comedian! Private, Joker! I admire your honesty. Hell, I like you, you can come over to my house and fuck my sister!

-You little scumbag! I got your name, I got your ass! You will not laugh, you will not cry, you will learn by the numbers, I will teach you! Now get up off your face! Pvt. Joker you better unfuck yourself before I unscrew your head and shit down your neck!

I wanted to see exotic Vietnam... the crown jewel of Southeast Asia. I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture... and kill them. I wanted to be the first kid on my block to get a confirmed kill!

-How can you shoot women and children?
- Easy... you don't lead 'em so much.

We are here to help the Vietnamese, because inside every gook there is an American trying to get out. It's a hardball world, son. We've gotta keep our heads until this peace craze blows over.

Stormbird

Post by Stormbird » 01 Jan 2006 05:43

You make it too easy

Full Metal Jacket

batu

Post by batu » 01 Jan 2006 06:11

Stormbird wrote:You make it too easy

Full Metal Jacket

But I do enjoy to reread these quotes :)

Stormbird

Post by Stormbird » 01 Jan 2006 07:02

Yes the whole movie is full of great quotes :lol:

KalaVelka

Post by KalaVelka » 01 Jan 2006 12:18

Quote a line of dialogue from a movie connected with war or the Nazi period. The line must be reasonably memorable so that others have a good chance of guessing it. Whoever gets the correct answer can take the next turn and so on.

/Kasper

Return to “Movies, games & other fiction”