Movie I.D. required please...

Discussions on WW2 and pre-WW2 related movies, games, military art and other fiction.
kobold

Movie I.D. required please...

Post by kobold » 15 Oct 2002, 20:30

A friend was telling me the other night that he remembers seeing a war movie in which french partisans kill some german soldiers, and later the germans return as zombies?
He cannot remember the title or cast.

Does anyone else remember this movie?
I do not recall seeing this one?

Dave

HPL2008

Kampfzombies

Post by HPL2008 » 16 Oct 2002, 07:42

I haven't seen that one either, but it's title is "Zombie Lake", AKA "Lake Of The Living Dead"; Original Titles "El Lago de los Muertes Vivientes"/"Lac des Morts Vivants". It's a Spanish/French co-production from 1980. Every review I've read describes it as terribly bad movie.
Speaking of Nazi Zombies: Have you ever seen a film called "Shock Waves"? It's got Waffen-SS-Zombie-Super-Soldiers! (But it's not too great either.)

tonyh

Post by tonyh » 16 Oct 2002, 16:01

Ah zombie movies................my first love.

Alas "Zombies lake" is not one of the better ones, its not even one of the better bad ones! It looks like the was about £6 spent on the makeup, which they also forgot to put on the hands of the 'zombies', so we just just have green faced 'zombies' to threaten the scantly clad ladies. The rest of the budget was spent down the pub, by the looks of the shakey camera work.

Tony

kobold

Post by kobold » 18 Oct 2002, 15:16

thanks for that - my friend mentioned that he was very scared by it as a kid when his older sister made him watch it hehe.
the title was bugging him for years.

dave

Return to “Movies, games & other fiction”