NEW GAME IN PROGRESS!!!

Discussions on WW2 and pre-WW2 related movies, games, military art and other fiction.
pumbaa

NEW GAME IN PROGRESS!!!

Post by pumbaa » 22 Oct 2002, 08:09

Im part of Maestro Softwares and i'm making a 2D or maybe 3D tank game its 3rd person view so ur looking down at your tank controlling its movement with the keyboard and turret with the mouse, there is single player and multiplayer capabilities.

I'am wondering is any of u have "top view or 3rd person view" pictures of tanks, jeeps or even artillery and may be a little bit of information on how to find these pics and info on the tank.

ThanX.

PurpleHeart

Post by PurpleHeart » 27 Nov 2002, 04:29

Hey...

Will the game feature any ranks or promotion? Sorry, went out of topic. Back to you....

pumbaa

Post by pumbaa » 01 Dec 2002, 01:29

Maybe, im still thinking about it but there will be ranks however it may or may not effect ur firepower,armour or speed. this game rely on money the more money u have (from destroying tanks and stuff) the more upgrades u can do to ur tank and the more powerful u r. The main problem is that this bumbass Sea Whee Kim (main programmer for Maestro won't help me and i suck at programming)
Maestro Softwares is working on another game someting about taking over creatures and fighting evil (rpg) and has nothing to do with WW2 or my tank game (i wasn't happy when my game wasen't chosen, what were they thinking :x my idea was the best by far)
Unless i can get a good programmer to program it for me (i may have to charge people money for it). its unlikely this game will be finish by the end of 2003!!! I thinking of giving up and sell my idea to some other software company :(

Daniel L

Post by Daniel L » 01 Dec 2002, 03:23

Isn't it better if one can switsch between different views? I know that there are some good drawings in the osprey books and the squadron/ signal books.

regards

pumbaa

Post by pumbaa » 03 Dec 2002, 08:15

yes it would be but this is a 2d games (3D games are way too advanced and expensive for us) and is mainly based on tactics viewed from above.
ur the commander of that tank and u control its movements, weapon fire and the whole tank. kinda like need for speed exp with tanks and u don't race them u blow them up.

I've decided not to persue this game because of the lack of help i am getting from my fellow software developers.

If any of u out there are willing to make this game I am happy and willing to post u my ideas and designs of the game. Thax.

Return to “Movies, games & other fiction”