Best Choice of Actor for Playing Infamous SS Officers...

Discussions on WW2 and pre-WW2 related movies, games, military art and other fiction.
karl stiner

Re: Derren Nesbitt

Post by karl stiner » 08 Jan 2007, 20:31

[quote="karl stiner"]Derren Nesbitt is the best

Plavá bestie

Post by Plavá bestie » 08 Jan 2007, 22:14

Jeremy Irons will be perfect Karl Hermann Frank.

Pax Melmacia

Post by Pax Melmacia » 10 Jan 2007, 07:24

Ian McNiece as Göring. (I know he's not SS. Just couldn't think of anyone for that category :cry: )

Plavá bestie

Post by Plavá bestie » 04 Mar 2007, 21:52

Kennet Branagh could be good Hugo Kraas. What do you think?

Branagh as Heydrich in TV movie Conspiracy...

...and H. Kraas here.
Plavá bestie.
Last edited by Plavá bestie on 06 Mar 2007, 00:56, edited 1 time in total.

Plavá bestie

Post by Plavá bestie » 04 Mar 2007, 21:54

Gene Hackman could be quite good Sepp Dietrich, but I think during Dietrich´s post-WW2 activities.

Plavá bestie

Post by Plavá bestie » 04 Mar 2007, 21:58

Not infamous officer of the SS, but Thomas Kretschmann as he looked like in Der Untergang, could be perfect Hermann Kluckhohn ( SS-Hauptsturmführer, officer of the SD and one of Heydrich´s adjutants in Prague ).

Plavá bestie

Post by Plavá bestie » 06 Mar 2007, 01:01

Pax Melmacia wrote:Ian McNiece as Göring. (I know he's not SS. Just couldn't think of anyone for that category :cry: )
I think, that McNiece is little bit much overweight then Göring ( Doesn´t mean, that he is not good actor or he isn´t goes well in role of Göring. ).
Plavá bestie.

Beppo Schmidt

Post by Beppo Schmidt » 06 Mar 2007, 04:23

wow, Branagh kind of does look like Kraas...a lot more than he looks like Heydrich

Plavá bestie

Post by Plavá bestie » 08 Mar 2007, 22:03

And I think, that he could be great Hitler in some movie.

Plavá bestie

Post by Plavá bestie » 17 Mar 2007, 00:21

Leonardo DiCaprio might be quite good Max Wünsche.

Big Orange

Post by Big Orange » 12 Apr 2007, 17:11

James Woods would make a good Ernst Kaltenbrunner...

lilli

Re: Best Choice of Actor for Playing Infamous SS Officers...

Post by lilli » 05 Nov 2009, 07:14

I know he's not SS either, but Karl Brandt reminds me of a younger Al Pacino

Roxelana

Post by Roxelana » 04 Jul 2010, 00:27

Reinhard Heydrich was in his mid twenties when he joined the NSDAP. He was 37/38 when he died in June of 1942.
Criminy. That is young. Paul Bettany has a few more good years left to portray Heydrich in film before he becomes too old.
There is a really good English actor out there who is the right age to play Heydrich, but I am keeping his name under wraps because I have written a book on Heydrich entitled: CHECKMATE: THE ENIGMA OF REINHARD HEYDRICH. There is now great interest in doing a film or a mini-series. Incidentally, I do NOT consider any Spy Master a good person. All Spy Masters, past and present, if they were good at their jobs waded in blood.Heydrich was THE BEST. He also prove to be an extraordinary political figure which is why the British SOE used the Czech partisans who were more Communist than EXPONENTS OF DEMOCRATIC BELIEFS - Consider the Famous Oxford Five, who became wonderful moles for Beria/Stalin at the same time as the Czech partisans trained in Scotland. I met Sir Anthony Blunt several times at the Villa Capponi in Florence. This was in the mid-to late 70's before the Media outed him. He was very charming. Spies of that calibre often are. Palazzo Capponi housed one of the greatest private collection of Art in the world. It was owned by Count Alessandro Contini Bonacossi. I knew his grand -daughter Ana Maria Papi very well. She was a Communist, voted Communist and contributed money to the PCI- Communist Party. Sir Anthony would spend hours admiring and studying the works of art. I remember his saying to Ana Maria once"Now my dear, you know I never like the presence of anyone else while I am surrounded by all this beauty. because few know about Art as much as I."

But I digress,Anyone who runs a well oiled Spy/Secret Service CANNOT ever be considered anything but deceitful, unethical, immoral, vicious and immune to the suffering of any human being. Why do Orcas fight Sharks?

There is a series of 3 books written by Stieg Larrson, with the figure of the warrior Lisbeth Salander. The books are marvelous.His third and last one deals with the murder, mayhem and cover up by the Swedish Secret Service. It's a tragedy that he is dead because the world has been deprived of a great writer.

Roxelana -Isabella Vacani Von Fechtmann

Roxelana

Post by Roxelana » 04 Jul 2010, 11:13

Dear Mr. Nesbitt.

James Woods is such a good actor he would be good playing ANYONE but Kaltenbrunner would be really up his alley. Di Caprio,at one time could have played Heydrich, but he is nearing 40, although with makeup and trickss,he might just do it. I have it on good authority that the role intrigues him.
My book CHECKMATE: THE ENIGMA OF REINHARD HEYDRICH deals with Heydrich's ascent from a sweet, nice altar boy, a Catholic boy, top of his class in everything, sports, classics, science, music, who became the most feared man in Europe at the age of 25.
All the choice for actors are really good. We need a good looking and bright Lina Heydrich. in my book Reinhard Gehlenplays an important role,as do Arthur Nebe Carl von Eberstein,
Please visit my site:http://isabellavacani.blogspot.com
My blog on current events ranks 5% out of 200 million blogs.
I have posted a whole blog on Heydrich and have also posted a few chapters. From my analysis and commentaries that,I think will be of assistance in undertanding WWII; Heydrich and all the 4 very flawed (God Help us) leaders - Hitler, Stalin, Churhill and Roosevelt.
Thank you for taking the time to show photographs and give me suggestions.
As ever,
Roxelana - Isabella Vacani von Fechtmann

Roxelana

Post by Roxelana » 04 Jul 2010, 11:35

Dear Orange,
I forgot to give you my site which has a blog on Heydrich my analysis and comentaries. It is:http://isabellavacani.blogspot.com
My blog on current world events ranks 5% out of 200 million blogs.
There are many books on Heydrich which are total crap. The best ones are; the two Volume book with hitherto unseen photographs published by MAX WILLIAMS - ULRIC OF ENGLAND
The other is GUNTHER DESCHNER'S -HEYDRICH - IN PURSUIT OF TOTAL POWER
LINA HEYDRICH - LEBEN MIT EINEM KRIEGSVERBRECHER - LIVING WITH A WAR CRIMINAL
Several Israeli Historians and former heads of Mossad and Haganah wrote books which were conveniently not publicized at all in the West. Some Israeli friends have generously and forthrighly provided me with the names of such books and where to find them.
Friends in the OSS like Charles Fawcett, who died 2 years ago at the age of 92 whom I have known since I was 18 years old was very helpful. So was Geoffrey Jones, also of the OSS who was instrumental in the activities of the Maquis and other intellectuals in the South of France.
You can also find me on Facebook under Isabella Vacani Van Fechtmann.
Thank you again Orange. Ciao.Roxelana -Isabella Vacani

Return to “Movies, games & other fiction”