Carl Zamboni von Lorberfeld

Discussions on all aspects of Austria-Hungary. Hosted by Glenn Jewison.
Poldi

Carl Zamboni von Lorberfeld

Post by Poldi » 30 Jan 2019 23:58

Hi all,

I'm looking for information on Carl Zamboni von Lorberfeld (sometimes spelled Lorbeerfeld or Lorberfeeldi). He was born in 1840 in what is today Dubrovnik. His father, Johann was a Platz Commadant there and him and all of his brothers had careers in Austro Hungarian army (His brother
Zamboni v. Lorbeerfeld, Wilhelm, Fregatten-Capiten der k. k. Kriegs-Marine, Platz-Commandant zu Castelnuovo, his brother Zamboni Edl. v. Lorbeerfeld, Emil, Hptm. 1. CI. des Genie-Stabes. ) He is mentioned in Militär Almanach und Schematismus from 1859 to 1871 as an Unterlieutennnts 2. Classe. In January 1873 he is mentioned as Ganzinvalide (Dom. Olmuz) so that's a reason why his stop his military career. He has served in 43. Infanterie-Regiment. Stab : Klausenburg. Haupt-Ergänzungs-Bezirks- und Rechnungskanzlei-Station: Werschetz im Banate.

How can I find out which military school did he attend, being a son of a high ranking military personell and maybe to find a photo of him. Also, where can I found out what lead to him becoming handicap while in service?

Thank you all in advance.

Poldi

Re: Carl Zamboni von Lorberfeld

Post by Poldi » 07 Apr 2019 06:33

Can anyone here confirm that this is Carl Zamboni in 1870 judging by the uniform (infantry, Unterlieutennnts 2. Classe) Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Poldi

Re: Carl Zamboni von Lorberfeld

Post by Poldi » 10 Apr 2019 22:40

Actually in 1870 he was an OberLieutenant (in 43 Ungarisches Infanterie Regiment) and it looks like it's a hit judging by this illustration.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Austria-Hungary 1867–1918”