Carl Zamboni von Lorberfeld

Discussions on all aspects of Austria-Hungary. Hosted by Glenn Jewison.
Poldi

Carl Zamboni von Lorberfeld

Post by Poldi » 31 Jan 2019, 00:58

Hi all,

I'm looking for information on Carl Zamboni von Lorberfeld (sometimes spelled Lorbeerfeld or Lorberfeeldi). He was born in 1840 in what is today Dubrovnik. His father, Johann was a Platz Commadant there and him and all of his brothers had careers in Austro Hungarian army (His brother
Zamboni v. Lorbeerfeld, Wilhelm, Fregatten-Capiten der k. k. Kriegs-Marine, Platz-Commandant zu Castelnuovo, his brother Zamboni Edl. v. Lorbeerfeld, Emil, Hptm. 1. CI. des Genie-Stabes. ) He is mentioned in Militär Almanach und Schematismus from 1859 to 1871 as an Unterlieutennnts 2. Classe. In January 1873 he is mentioned as Ganzinvalide (Dom. Olmuz) so that's a reason why his stop his military career. He has served in 43. Infanterie-Regiment. Stab : Klausenburg. Haupt-Ergänzungs-Bezirks- und Rechnungskanzlei-Station: Werschetz im Banate.

How can I find out which military school did he attend, being a son of a high ranking military personell and maybe to find a photo of him. Also, where can I found out what lead to him becoming handicap while in service?

Thank you all in advance.

Poldi

Re: Carl Zamboni von Lorberfeld

Post by Poldi » 07 Apr 2019, 07:33

Can anyone here confirm that this is Carl Zamboni in 1870 judging by the uniform (infantry, Unterlieutennnts 2. Classe) Thanks
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-04-06 at 10.25.22 PM copy.jpg

Poldi

Re: Carl Zamboni von Lorberfeld

Post by Poldi » 10 Apr 2019, 23:40

Actually in 1870 he was an OberLieutenant (in 43 Ungarisches Infanterie Regiment) and it looks like it's a hit judging by this illustration.
Attachments
Ober Lieutenant 43 Ungarisches Infanterie Regiment.png

Return to “Austria-Hungary 1867–1918”