FJB Nr.1 - all sorts of Informations needed

Discussions on all aspects of Austria-Hungary. Hosted by Glenn Jewison.
Melax

FJB Nr.1 - all sorts of Informations needed

Post by Melax » 29 Jul 2022, 10:59

Hi,

my grandfather was 1914-1918 an officer (from 1-jährig-Freiwilliger 1914 to Leutnant 1916, Oberleutnant 1918) in the

k.u.k. Feldjäger-Bataillon Nr.1.

Now I am trying to find informations/material about the FJB 1, but it seems I can't find very much.

I already have found the Ranglisten of 1914, 1916, 1917, 1918 (looks like there are no from 1915?)

But in ""Österreich-Ungarns letzter Krieg", the FJB 1 is only mentioned 2-3x - so I am trying to figure out which "Großverband" it was affilated to so I can learn what, were and when the FJB fought, went, did... etc...

Does anybody have informations about the FJB 1 or know were to look at online?

It would help to know at which Division, Korps etc I would have to look at what time.

Also, any kind of informations, matierial, documents, photos etc would be great

I know that the FJB 1 seems to have had Stab, 4 Feldkompanien, 1 MG-Abteilung + 1-2 Marschkompanien - does anybody know how many men each subunit had? I have found something like 1100 men + 26 officers in total (Wikipedia) for a FJB - but how many were staff, MGA etc ? -.-
(a shame there are no "KStN" in the k.u.k Army -.-)

[at the Staasarchiv there seems an act "AT-OeStA/KA AdT Infanterie Sammelkarton 1" which for the FJB 1 only includes "verschiedene Gliederungen" but nothing more - does anybody know what this could be and if it would make sense to ask for a copy? Or does anybody have a copy already?]

well, that was just a confusing wall of text - sory for that - but I am really looking for all kinds of informations and don't know were to look at - help :)

thanks and kind regards,

Alexander

PS: I would think, nobody of you have the book "Geschichte Des K. U. K. Feldjäger-Bataillons Nr. 1: 1808-1908" ? it seems to stop 1908 but maybe there are some informations about some of the officers that are still with the FJB 1 in 1914?

EDIT: Found the book thanks to link provided by Markgraf
Last edited by Melax on 29 Jul 2022, 18:37, edited 1 time in total.

Melax

Re: FJB Nr.1 - all sorts of Informations needed

Post by Melax » 29 Jul 2022, 13:51

I just found out:

FJB 1 seems to have been part of 16.Infanteriebrigade in 1914

does anybody know if it would be part of 16.Inf.Brig. for the whole wartime?

Unterstellung would be

FJB 1 <-- 16.IBrig <-- 8.ID <-- XIV.Korps <-- 3.Armee (?? 4.Armee??)

is this right? Am I missing something?

EDIT: seems in 1918 the FJB 1 is part of 30.Inf.Div. ... -.- help ... 8O :oops:

Return to “Austria-Hungary 1867–1918”