PECS

Discussions on all aspects of Austria-Hungary. Hosted by Glenn Jewison.
brophy

PECS

Post by brophy » 29 Jan 2004, 17:02

CAN ANYBODY TELL ME IF THERE WAS A MILITARY SCHOOL IN PECS HUNGARY APPARENTLY THERE WAS. I AM TOLD MY GRANDFATHER WENT TO MILITARY SCHOOL AND THAT IT WAS IN PECS.IF THERE WAS HOW DO I FIND OUT WHO ATTENDED THE MILITARY SCHOOL BETWEEN THE YEARS 1910-1920 .

Orok

Post by Orok » 29 Jan 2004, 17:23

Brophy,

Yes, there was a Cadet School for the Honved at Pecs. The graduates were posted in the Honved as zaszlos (Fähnrich).

Best Regards!

brophy

PECS

Post by brophy » 29 Jan 2004, 18:16

WOULD YOU ALSO KNOW HOW I CAN OBTAIN DETAILS OF THE CADETS WHO WENT THROUGH THE CADET SCHOOL AND A HISTORY OF THE SCHOOL

Marcus

Post by Marcus » 29 Jan 2004, 18:50

Writing in all CAPS means that you are shouting, so please don't do that.

/Marcus

Orok

Re: PECS

Post by Orok » 29 Jan 2004, 21:56

brophy wrote:WOULD YOU ALSO KNOW HOW I CAN OBTAIN DETAILS OF THE CADETS WHO WENT THROUGH THE CADET SCHOOL AND A HISTORY OF THE SCHOOL
I am sorry I don't know. Perhaps you can try the military museum in Bidapest or the Kriegsarchiv in Vienna.

Best Regards!

Gyenes

Post by Gyenes » 30 Jan 2004, 01:36

You can try books though it is very hard to find info on Hungary (especially during earlier yrs.) unless you speak Hungarian.

brophy

Pecs

Post by brophy » 30 Jan 2004, 10:05

Marcus Wendel wrote:Writing in all CAPS means that you are shouting, so please don't do that.

/Marcus

Is there any need to reply in such a manner.Your tone of reply is very offputting and I do not like it. Who do you think you are. If this is the kind of reply to a perfectly legitimate question then I will go away. No doubt you cannot help me then !!. I do not care if you are the administrator or not. If you feel I have put the Axis forum to shame then by all means ban me.

Orok

Re: Pecs

Post by Orok » 31 Jan 2004, 00:15

brophy wrote:
Marcus Wendel wrote:Writing in all CAPS means that you are shouting, so please don't do that.

/Marcus

Is there any need to reply in such a manner.Your tone of reply is very offputting and I do not like it. Who do you think you are. If this is the kind of reply to a perfectly legitimate question then I will go away. No doubt you cannot help me then !!. I do not care if you are the administrator or not. If you feel I have put the Axis forum to shame then by all means ban me.
brophy,

I don't see anything wrong in Marcus' post, he's very polite and used the word please. Please understand that he has the right and obligation to moderate this forum. Also I myself don't like all caps also, makes reading difficult. I think it is you who really have a problem communicating with other with patience and respect. As an example I don't see a single word of appreciation from you to people here who answered your questions. Please note that people here are more than willing to help you if they can, but no body here has an obligation to help you and if their answers did not meet your expectation, they shouldn't have to face your nasty and harsh words!

Best Regards and have a nice weekend!

brophy

writing in caps

Post by brophy » 02 Feb 2004, 10:32

I take on board your comments regarding caps lock but i have not had this problem before .i have bad eyesight and that is why i have used caps lock.in all my dealings with the glenn jewison austro-hungarian site which i have used for around two months a reply like this has not come up .people on both boards have been very helpful in my quest .i would consider swearing or something like that to be not respectful after all in all my postings i ask for details in a polite manner. the first incident of unpoliteness was from the administrator. i am sorry i have not read the details of the rules concerning the universal non use of caps within this forum and for that i apologise.i do not believe i have been nastyi have only replied to a post that i and not anybody else thought was unfounded. if i had abused the system or been grossely disgusting in any post i would have understood it. any way if i have offended anybody i apologise profusely.i hope you can understand but would like to draw a line under the matter.

Regards to everyone

John Brophy
England

Orok

Post by Orok » 02 Feb 2004, 16:55

Hi John,

Welcome aboard! Looking forward to see more of your posts here!

Best Regards!

brophy

Pecs

Post by brophy » 02 Feb 2004, 17:03

I will be on the board s much as possible. I have been tracing my family tree on my mothers side since around 2000. I have uncovered actual relatives living in Hungary who I had no idea existed and am hoping to visit them this summer. I am back to about 1740 in Bruck an der Leitha in Austria and with my own name of Brophy (ireland0 I am back to 1841. The Irish ancestory is harder as a lot of records have been destoyed so you have to look in parish records. My current aim is to find out as much about my Grandfather Istvan and his war record. He went to Australia around 1925 and I am obtaining naturalisation papers from record offices in Canberra to try and uncover a bit more of his movements between going to Australia from Hungary. For instance I know he went to Egypt at some point. Hope I have not boredc you

Regards

John

Orok

Re: Pecs

Post by Orok » 02 Feb 2004, 17:07

brophy wrote:Hope I have not boredc you
Not at all. I sincerely wish your research successful and rewarding!

Best Regards!

Return to “Austria-Hungary 1867–1918”