Death of Jurij (Georg) Vega

Discussions on all aspects of Austria-Hungary. Hosted by Glenn Jewison.
Orok

Post by Orok » 12 Apr 2004, 02:34

Klemen,

Thank you very much for the links. It is a really beautiful magazine! :lol:

Looking forward to the next part!

Best Regards!

K.Kocjancic

Post by K.Kocjancic » 14 Apr 2004, 19:04

Because of very rough events in France and armed responce of United Europe was Vega involved from 1793 to 1797 in so-called 1. coallition war. As Major he was in command of Art. and sometimes also in command of larger actions on his part of front. Until sign of treaty at Campoformio he was at German battlefield, where he could show his Art. knowledge. Skirmishes were often around forts and fortifications. Interesting is, that here Vega realized that otther things could also infact on battlefield not just science. His experience in Turkish wars was quite different from this one. On each side was a one Mil. soldiers, but most important factors were tehnic and tactik. Tehnic included also newest inventions, as balloon and telegraph (1), tactic was very dinamic, inspite of river, with fast movements on main attack points, such as crossings over Ren, forts and fortificated towns.

More to come...

BTW: Magazine Slovenska vojska/Slovenian Army is published by Slovene Ministry of Defence and is primarly for Soldiers, civil defence and fire-fighters,... It cost only 50 SIT (0.25549 US Dollar), but I get it for free - don't know why??? :? :wink: :lol:

Orok

Post by Orok » 14 Apr 2004, 19:18

Klemen,

Thanks for the new segment!
K.Kocjancic wrote:BTW: Magazine Slovenska vojska/Slovenian Army is published by Slovene Ministry of Defence and is primarly for Soldiers, civil defence and fire-fighters,... It cost only 50 SIT (0.25549 US Dollar), but I get it for free - don't know why??? :? :wink: :lol:
Since I know (or I believe I know) you are a student, that's perhaps because you are a vet? Or more likely you are one of the editors/contributors? :lol: And this is quiet good and you should have used it as your quiz! :lol: 8)

Best Regards!

Orok

Post by Orok » 24 Apr 2004, 00:28

Hi Klemen,

Any more? I am still out there waiting! :lol:

Have a nice weekend!

Best Regards!

Return to “Austria-Hungary 1867–1918”