Germany and the War Guilt Clause

Discussions on all aspects of the First World War not covered in the other sections. Hosted by Terry Duncan.
Latze

Re: Germany and the War Guilt Clause

Post by Latze » 12 Jun 2018, 22:11

MarkN wrote: I am being (brutally) honest. It is not rude to call a spade a spade. Your nonsense is nonsense. If anybody is being 'rude' it is you with your expectation that I have to accept all your nonsense as credible thought and ahistorical twaddle as being preconditions for serious discussion.
As you say that you are honest I am going to take your word for it: I never talked to to spades so far (well on the internet who can be sure of such things) and accordingly I am not familiar with what's considered polite when conversing with them.

As to your other point - I am at a loss to explain where you got the idea from that I expect anything of you personally.

Latze

Re: Germany and the War Guilt Clause

Post by Latze » 12 Jun 2018, 22:12

The Ibis wrote:
Latze wrote: Last thought: Possibly Stephen White's "The origins of detente" could sheed some light on this. Has anybody read it? Would have to get it through interlibrary loan and have a host of competing demands right know. So a pointer if it is useful would be greatly appreciated.
Hi Latze,

White's book might be more narrow than what you're looking for. I'd recommend Adam Tooze's "The Deluge." Typical strong effort from Tooze and it has the benefit of covering more ground. Good luck.
Thank you very much for that hint! Just read the review on Sehepunkte and it certainly seems to hit the mark.

Return to “First World War”