Names of fallen soldiers

Discussions on all aspects of the First World War not covered in the other sections. Hosted by Terry Duncan.
elpacze

Names of fallen soldiers

Post by elpacze » 31 Oct 2018, 00:03

Hi everyone!

There is a German WW1 cementery near my house. I want to know names of these soldiers, who resting there. Is there someone, who knows, where can I find it?

Latze

Re: Names of fallen soldiers

Post by Latze » 08 Nov 2018, 16:42

Ken S.

Post by Ken S. » 12 Nov 2018, 02:39

Perhaps if we had a location, some photos some of us could help.

elpacze

Post by elpacze » 20 Nov 2018, 22:46

Hi everyone. I'm sorry for my absence. The cementery is located on Małogoszcz, świętokrzyskie voivodeship, Jędrzejów country. It is nearby the railway station Małogoszcz, and the number of that cementey is 3. I know, on that area fought "Landwehrkorps Woyrsch", and nearby on the other cementery in Gnieździska are resting soldiers from the 46 Landwehr Infantrie Regiment.

cjareck

Post by cjareck » 29 Nov 2018, 11:28

There is a book by Jerzy Pałosz "Śmiercią złączeni" about the cemeteries in the southern part of Congress of Poland. Małogoszcz is mentioned there a few times, but unfortunately without a list of fallen soldiers. He also mentioned "object" Małogoszcz II which was renovated in the nineties and lost his original shape. So there should be at least two in the countryside. He lists the fallen soldiers only for counties Miechów, Olkusz, Proszowice and northern part of Kraków land.
Sorry for my English ;)
Greetings
Jarek

www.umk.pl/~jcentek

Return to “First World War”