Japanes seige srtillery 1914-1915

Discussions on all aspects of the First World War not covered in the other sections. Hosted by Terry Duncan.
jerryasher

Japanes seige srtillery 1914-1915

Post by jerryasher » 17 Jul 2019, 02:51

How and when was the Japanese siege artillery used against the Germans at Tsingtao until mid November 1914 delivered to Russia? Many thank in advance.

OpanaPointer
Financial supporter

Re: Japanes seige srtillery 1914-1915

Post by OpanaPointer » 17 Jul 2019, 03:36

Japan had a merchant marine fleet even back then, they were heavy importers. The bottoms would have been commandeered blithely, I think.
Come visit our sites:
hyperwarHyperwar
World War II Resources

Bellum se ipsum alet, mostly Doritos.

jerryasher

Re: Japanes seige srtillery 1914-1915

Post by jerryasher » 17 Jul 2019, 05:34

Hi Opana: Just off the top of my head, Japan actually possessed the worlds 6th largest merchant marine. Shipping from Qingdao to Vladivostok would have been easy--I think 40 plus merchant ships were part of her anti German effort, including the shipping that brought the siege guns to the battle.
A less likely option, train to Jinan--Tianjin-Manchuria -South Manchuria railway to Chinese eastern railway. Doable but China might have been able to block above Jinan. There is a photo of one of the guns in Eastern Russia--almost to the Baltic. Guess work --but I would like data. I do appreciate you jumping in however. The key is when and where did it reach the Trans-Siberian Railway. Pretty sure by way of Vladivostok and by Japanese carriers, but real life is full of surprises.

Return to “First World War”