Made a video on How first world war started. Need criticism.

Discussions on all aspects of the First World War not covered in the other sections. Hosted by Terry Duncan.
moreHistory

Made a video on How first world war started. Need criticism.

Post by moreHistory » 08 May 2020, 00:21

Need criticism. Can you rate my video or tell where should i improve more.

Terry Duncan
Forum Staff

Re: Made a video on How first world war started. Need criticism.

Post by Terry Duncan » 09 May 2020, 12:55

To be honest it is pretty good as a 5 minute summary, there are a few bits covered out of sequence maybe simply because of how you dealt with the different nations, but there are no glaring errors as such. The diplomatic maneuvers are where you have got things somewhat out of sequence and they are complicated to track as are the intentions behind some exchanges. Were there any areas you were in doubt over?

Sid Guttridge

Post by Sid Guttridge » 09 May 2020, 13:49

Seems like a reasonable precis given the running time constraints.

Sid

jluetjen

Post by jluetjen » 09 May 2020, 16:29

Interesting, and I liked the production. Given the pacing, the pictures started to become a waterfall of images that become overwhelming and sometimes were only tenuously connected with the text, and thus often distracted from it.

You did draw my attention to A-H's 1908 initiation of the Bosnian crisis, which is what ultimately set-up the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand, and thus ultimately WWI. As inept as German foreign policy was, by comparison the Austro-Hungarian foreign actions were downright provocative. How different the world would be today if the Germans had cut the Austro-Hungarians off in 1908 and instead thrown their lot in with the British.

Return to “First World War”