British arms/supplies to Vladivostok 1917-1918

Discussions on all aspects of the First World War not covered in the other sections. Hosted by Terry Duncan.
jerryasher

British arms/supplies to Vladivostok 1917-1918

Post by jerryasher » 28 Feb 2021, 02:18

Good afternoon: Not sure this is the right board? Perhaps United Kingdom and Commonwealth 1919 better. All accounts I have read have the British claiming ownership of supplies, stocks, cars--whatever, still at Vladivostok after "Reds," win election on December 3, 1917, and begin administrating the city and port. In September 1918--these items become a point of contention. (Apparently the "Reds," did not move them from that time, till they were ousted by the Czech's in late June 1918). As near as I can tell Vladivostok closed due to ice January-February 1918. What was actually delivered, and if possible when and by whom? The most common photo I have seen shows rails, (and I assume they were from the July 1917 Kerensky government order). I have a citation that the last Japanese order for Russia was in February 1918, (No further detail). Many thanks everyone, stay well-get vaccine ASAP.

Return to “First World War”