"Goofy vintage photos of World War One soldiers posing with fake military props, 1914-1930"

Discussions on all aspects of the First World War not covered in the other sections. Hosted by Terry Duncan.
OpanaPointer
Financial supporter

"Goofy vintage photos of World War One soldiers posing with fake military props, 1914-1930"

Post by OpanaPointer » 12 Mar 2022 14:46

https://rarehistoricalphotos.com/goofy- ... ary-props/ (Not one of my sites, but a very good mine.)

Sample:

Come visit our sites:
hyperwarHyperwar
World War II Resources

Bellum se ipsum alet, mostly Doritos.

Hans1906
Banned

Re: "Goofy vintage photos of World War One soldiers posing with fake military props, 1914-1930"

Post by Hans1906 » 12 Mar 2022 21:05

Such studio shots were very popular in the photo studios of the German Empire era. :D

These photos are in great demand among collectors, precisely because of the often absurd motifs.
Thanks for posting, here are two similar motifs, both photos are from the website https://www.akpool.de

As far as I know, the "structures" in the photo studios of that time were referred to as a "Kulisse"/("Backdrop").
I have many photos of our family from those years, but unfortunately not a single one of these funny photos, what a pity.

Very nice, thank you! :milwink:

Hans
P.S. Excellent link, thanks again! :thumbsup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The paradise of the successful lends itself perfectly to a hell for the unsuccessful. (Bertold Brecht on Hollywood)

LAstry

Re: "Goofy vintage photos of World War One soldiers posing with fake military props, 1914-1930"

Post by LAstry » 14 Mar 2022 17:35

I saw one versian of a german soldier on a "rocket" flying to the moon.....

Return to “First World War”