France and Belgium in the Bavarian Reserve Infantry Regiment 16 (1st Company of the Lis

Discussions on all aspects of the First World War not covered in the other sections. Hosted by Terry Duncan.
familysearch

France and Belgium in the Bavarian Reserve Infantry Regiment 16 (1st Company of the Lis

Post by familysearch » 16 Jun 2022 00:46

My grandfather served in 1914 in the same regiment as Hitler. He was from Malinowka, Galicia/Poland. I believe that it would have been: the Bavarian Reserve Infantry Regiment 16 (1st Company of the List Regiment. At least that was what I have been able to research. Does anyone know of any records that were kept of the soldiers in that regiment or other information that may include my grandfather's name. I'm trying to write a family history and appreciate any possible resources that may help me. (BTW... he said that Hitler was a big coward and ran from the fighting, and also hurt himself so that he would have to go to the hospital)
thanks for any leads on this regiment.

Terry Duncan
Forum Staff

Re: France and Belgium in the Bavarian Reserve Infantry Regiment 16 (1st Company of the Lis

Post by Terry Duncan » 16 Jun 2022 16:28

The German Bundesarchiv at Freiburg keeps a lot of records, if not all, for the German armed forces and are usually pretty helpful, so they may well be the people to ask. Not too sure who to contact there, or indeed if they have people dealing with enquiries in English?

familysearch

Re: France and Belgium in the Bavarian Reserve Infantry Regiment 16 (1st Company of the Lis

Post by familysearch » 16 Jun 2022 17:44

Thank you very much. I will sorce this and see if they can help.

Louis Maraite

Post by Louis Maraite » 26 Jul 2022 11:11

I'm interrested in all the Belgian members of the RIT 16. If u can share... Thanks
Louis

Ken S.

Post by Ken S. » 14 Aug 2022 16:57

If they exist, the records should be located here:
https://www.gda.bayern.de/hauptstaatsar ... ene-akten/

It might be possible to access them through ancestry instead of contacting the archives:
https://www.ancestry.de/cs/de/bayern-er ... startseite
familysearch wrote:
16 Jun 2022 00:46
My grandfather served in 1914 in the same regiment as Hitler. He was from Malinowka, Galicia/Poland. I believe that it would have been: the Bavarian Reserve Infantry Regiment 16 (1st Company of the List Regiment. At least that was what I have been able to research. Does anyone know of any records that were kept of the soldiers in that regiment or other information that may include my grandfather's name. I'm trying to write a family history and appreciate any possible resources that may help me. (BTW... he said that Hitler was a big coward and ran from the fighting, and also hurt himself so that he would have to go to the hospital)
thanks for any leads on this regiment.

Return to “First World War”