Czech Legion

Discussions on all aspects of the First World War not covered in the other sections. Hosted by Terry Duncan.
jirka vrba

Post by jirka vrba » 23 Jul 2004, 20:38

Hallo, hallo :D

I have a little question:

We are "emailing" with administrator of czech military forum - valka.cz - about creation of english written section there. But we do not if it is useful? - If anybody will be discused there.

What do you think about this idea?

Robert M Hammond

Re:

Post by Robert M Hammond » 05 Feb 2021, 03:02

jirka vrba wrote:
20 Jun 2004, 01:13
Hi,
I´m from Czech Republic, and Czech Legion in Russia is my hobby -
You can try to ask me about anything 8)

George
Dear George,

Howdy from Southern California! I am trying to learn about the Czech Legion and its fights on Lake Baikal. I have three questions.

First, it appears that the Red Russians had two steamships, Fedosia and Sibirjak. Are these names correct?

Second, it appears that these two steamships escaped from the Czech Legion on July 15, 1918 from Listvyanka on Lake Baikal. Is this date correct?
What were these ships armed with while the Reds had them?

Third, when and where and how did the Czech Legion capture these two steamships? What did the Czech Legion re-arm these ships with?

Blessings to you and yours! All the best,
Robert Hammond

Robert M Hammond

Re:

Post by Robert M Hammond » 05 Feb 2021, 03:04

jirka vrba wrote:
23 Jul 2004, 20:38
Hallo, hallo :D

I have a little question:

We are "emailing" with administrator of czech military forum - valka.cz - about creation of english written section there. But we do not if it is useful? - If anybody will be discused there.

What do you think about this idea?
I would be VERY interested in this! I would like to learn about the Czech Legion. Did they conduct an Amphibious Landing against the Red Russian on Lake Baikal?

All the best,
Robert Hammond

jerryasher

Re: Czech Legion

Post by jerryasher » 14 Feb 2021, 03:34

Noted that response #13 cites the use of 42 ships---I can only find 36 in other listing. Can you list? I can share but don't know how to cite and would have to type it all--its worth doing --just takes time.

Return to “First World War”