"fifth column" termin...

Discussions on all aspects of the Spanish Civil War including the Condor Legion, the Germans fighting for Franco in the Spanish Civil War.
Xserx

"fifth column" termin...

Post by Xserx » 26 May 2003, 14:28

I heard, what for the first time the term " the fifth column " was used in the speech by radio by general Mola before offensive to Madrid . Whether there is no at somebody full text of this speech?
Xserx/

Javier Acuña

Post by Javier Acuña » 01 Jun 2003, 18:37

As far as I know, the term "Fift Column" was coined by General Mola when asked by a journalist about which one of his 4 columns advancing towards Marid will be the one to take the City, the General replied "The Fifth", and it meant the armored fascists elements inside Madrid that were helping him.

I don't know if besides that interview he gave a specific speach coining that term.

Xserx

Post by Xserx » 03 Jun 2003, 15:35

Javier Acuña wrote:As far as I know, the term "Fift Column" was coined by General Mola when asked by a journalist about which one of his 4 columns advancing towards Marid will be the one to take the City, the General replied "The Fifth", and it meant the armored fascists elements inside Madrid that were helping him.
I don't know if besides that interview he gave a specific speach coining that term.

Thank's Javier! Yes, I had in view of this interview (on mine though I can be mistaken, it was broadcast by radio). The full text of it interview is necessary for me.
Thank once again!
Xserx/

Return to “Spanish Civil War & Legion Condor”