compañía de máquinas múltiples

Discussions on all aspects of the Spanish Civil War including the Condor Legion, the Germans fighting for Franco in the Spanish Civil War.
asiaticus

compañía de máquinas múltiples

Post by asiaticus » 08 Sep 2004, 08:29

From the article on this site:

http://www.iespana.es/orden-de-batalla-gce/index.htm

about the Brunete Offensive it says:

"A todas estas piezas hay que sumar las de las agrupaciones antiaéreas cuya magnitud desconocemos pero que, en cualquier caso, serían las normales en este tipo de agrupaciones que habitualmente la constituían uno o dos grupos de cañones de calibre 75 o superiores, dos grupos de cañones automáticos de 20 ó 45 mm. y una compañía de máquinas múltiples con un número de piezas que en ningún caso sería inferior a 50 y posiblemente llegaran a 90."

"A all these pieces is necessary to add those of the antiaircraft groupings whose magnitude we do not know but that, in any case, would be the normal ones in this type of groupings that habitually constituted one or two superior gun battalions of caliber 75 or, two automatic gun battalions of 20 or 45 mm and one company of multiple machines with a number of pieces that in no case would be inferior to 50 and possibly they arrived at 90."

What were these "máquinas múltiples"? Multi barrel AA machineguns?

Can you name some of the common ones used by the Republic and their caliber and where they came from?

TRONER

Post by TRONER » 02 Oct 2004, 05:55

The multiple companies of machines, were the Maxin's sovieticas
mounted in you triprune to make anti-aircraft fire, in I number
noninferior of two. I have a photo of these maquinas in I number of
four, although profit not to find it. Greetings from the front of the
Jarama.

Las compañias de maquinas multiples, eran las Maxin's sovieticas montadas en tripodes para hacer fuego antiaéreo, en numero no inferior de dos. Tengo una foto de estas maquinas en numero de cuatro, aunque no logro encontrarla.
Saludos desde el frente del Jarama.

Javichu

Post by Javichu » 02 Oct 2004, 13:26

Te refieres a montajes múltiples o a varias ametralladoras individuales?
What do you mean? Multiple AA MG mounts o several individual AA MG in thesame company?

asiaticus

Post by asiaticus » 03 Oct 2004, 06:47

Ok. That makes sense. The Soviets had an AA machinegun made of 4 Maxim Model 1910 machineguns on a pedistal mount, called a Tokarev M4 Model 1931. The picture I of it in the "Red Army Handbook" shows it mounted on the bed of a GAZ truck. Apparantly this was because it was too heavy to move easily otherwise, and was otherwise placed in static positions.

I would quess the same would be true in Spain, being truck mounted if they had to keep up with mobile troops. Any confirmation of the truck mounting?

Ok. Ese sentido de las marcas. Los soviet hicieron un machinegun del AA hacer de 4 machineguns del modelo 1910 de la máxima en un montaje pedistal, llamado un modelo 1931 de Tokarev M4. El cuadro I de él en "Red a ejército Handbook" demostraciones que montó en la cama de un carro de GAZ. Apparantly esto era porque era demasiado pesado moverse fácilmente de otra manera, y fue colocado de otra manera en posiciones estáticas. los quess que igual sería verdad en España, siendo carro montado si él tuvo que continuar con las tropas móviles. ¿Confirmación del montaje del carro?

TRONER

Post by TRONER » 04 Oct 2004, 04:52

Right now, it could not make specific if they came in multiple
assemblies, I have found either reviews some on the matter. They could
well mount in Spain, but anything concrete. I continue looking for
photographie. Regars

Ahora mismo, no podría concretar si vinieron en montajes múltiples, tampoco he encontrado reseña alguna al respecto. Bien pudieron montarse en España, pero nada concreto. Sigo buscando la fotografia.
Regars

asiaticus

Post by asiaticus » 04 Oct 2004, 07:05

Thanks. It would be interesting to know.

Return to “Spanish Civil War & Legion Condor”