Memorials dedicated to the International Brigades

Discussions on all aspects of the Spanish Civil War including the Condor Legion, the Germans fighting for Franco in the Spanish Civil War.
Hoss

yes

Post by Hoss » 02 Jan 2006, 22:03

That's it. I haven't seen it yet but I hope to get around to visiting it sometime when I'm in Seattle and the University's not in session.

There's a Lincoln Battalion vet who's still active in local politics in Seattle, despite being 90. His name is Abe Osheroff. I may post some quotes and links of his later for the benefit of our less enlightened friends on here. I think British Sapper would like him particularly, since he's a former Communist and a Jew. He's a really cantankerous old liberal, seems like a great guy.

Booknote

Post by Booknote » 24 Jun 2007, 00:28

There's the one in Washington and one in Wisconsin, (Madison?) for the American lincoln Brigade. For Franco's Irish Brigade there's one in Spain, and a memorial plaque on a pew in Dublin's pro-cathedral in honor of Sgt. Gabriel Lee. There are no memorials outside of Spain.

Tucobenedito

Re: Memorials dedicated to the International Brigades

Post by Tucobenedito » 20 Jul 2017, 17:50

There is a memorial to the men from Dundee who were killed in Spain fighting for the Republican cause. It is located outside the Mc Manus gallery in Dundee city centre. There was a parade which featured International Brigade veterans at the relocation ceremony. I have photos and will post some later if anyone is interested regards Rich

chopp

Re: Memorials dedicated to the International Brigades

Post by chopp » 24 Apr 2018, 03:24

They put up a memorial in the City of San Franciso, USA, about 10-15 years ago. Shortly after, it was vandalized by Anarchists and again soon after. I suspect it has been vandalized many more times. Anarchists -- they hold grudges. :wink:

Return to “Spanish Civil War & Legion Condor”