Thai Hand Grenades

Discussions on WW2 in the Pacific and the Sino-Japanese War.
albacore

Thai Hand Grenades

Postby albacore » 26 Mar 2017 21:33

Hi, while looking around I have found information on all kinds of categories of weapons used by the Royal Thai Army in the Franco-Thai war and WW2, except for one area: Hand grenades.

So I was wondering if anyone has any information on this subject? The only thing on the subject mentioned that I have seen has been that they recieved japanese grenades (and other weapons) in 1942. But what about their own grenades before that?

Any information welcome!! :D

Wisarut

Re: Thai Hand Grenades

Postby Wisarut » 03 Oct 2017 13:04

albacore wrote:Hi, while looking around I have found information on all kinds of categories of weapons used by the Royal Thai Army in the Franco-Thai war and WW2, except for one area: Hand grenades.

So I was wondering if anyone has any information on this subject? The only thing on the subject mentioned that I have seen has been that they recieved japanese grenades (and other weapons) in 1942. But what about their own grenades before that?

Any information welcome!! :D

Should be the one issued by Imperial Japan Army though and at that time Royal Thai Army has a grenade fired from the Type 66 rifle using the bullet of Type 66 as an ignition pin.

albacore

Re: Thai Hand Grenades

Postby albacore » 05 Oct 2017 20:44

Wisarut wrote:Should be the one issued by Imperial Japan Army though and at that time Royal Thai Army has a grenade fired from the Type 66 rifle using the bullet of Type 66 as an ignition pin.

First of all, thank you so much for the response! :D
They got grenades from Japan even before their alliance? Also, do you know what the name of the rifle grenade was?

Return to “WW2 in the Pacific & Asia”