APc-48...

Discussions on WW2 in the Pacific and the Sino-Japanese War.
Truckman

APc-48...

Post by Truckman » 30 Aug 2018, 15:20

This may not be the appropriate forum for this, but I got little response from an earlier thread in the book forum...If a moderator needs to move it, feel free...

I wrote two books concerning my uncle's WWII service on a US Navy Small Coastal Transport, then published both together in a combined edition...Now I've found enough material on these little ships to warrant another third book...What I'm looking for now is anecdotal references to service by veterans of these ships, also called APc's (their hull classification), or "applecarts"...

It's unlikely I'll find anyone left standing to provide eyewitness stories from 75 years ago, but if any family members recall someone talking about life on the Pacific in the inter-island warfare on these tiny ships, or has information concerning their construction, I'd appreciate an email at 1Truckman@ gmail.com

I'm also looking for anyone with knowledge of, or seagoing experience in Navy auxiliary ships who might want to write a foreword for the new book...

Shown here is the cover of the Combined Edition...Thanks... :milwink: ...Ben

Return to “WW2 in the Pacific & Asia”