European Axis Military Actions in the Far East

Discussions on WW2 in the Pacific and the Sino-Japanese War.
aftershock2222

European Axis Military Actions in the Far East

Post by aftershock2222 » 07 Jun 2003 08:22

Thank you all for your responses to my question of Afghanistan's involvement in WWII.I have always been fascinated on just how far-flung and world wide Axis political and military influence was during WWII.Does anyone know just how far European Axis fighting units got into Asia after invading the Soviet Union?I've heard expeditionary forces reached all the way to Indochina!Any information on European Axis military actions in the Far East would be greatly appreciated.

Panzermahn

Post by Panzermahn » 07 Jun 2003 16:04

aftershock2222,

the only european axis fighting units were in action in far eastern asia is the kriegsmarine which some of its u-boat flotilla (the monsun u-boats) were based in penang (malaysia), singapore, and jakarta (indonesia)..besides merchant raiders of the kriegsmarine like michel, thor, orion, penguin, kormoran, stier were involved in indian ocean and pacific ocean...The Germans alos had a radio station at Surabaya and Palembang in Indonesia staffed by abwehr

Edward L. Hsiao

Re: European Axis Military Actions in the Far East

Post by Edward L. Hsiao » 24 Dec 2019 10:27

This is something that you don't hear about in WWII history. The German Abwehr having some unusual activities in Indonesia or any areas in Far East Asia.
Edward L. Hsiao

Return to “WW2 in the Pacific & Asia”