Discussions on WW2 in the Pacific and the Sino-Japanese War.
- Posts: 56
- Joined: 19 Mar 2020 16:50
- Location: axis history forum
Does anyone have details to share about Manchukuo's maritime fishing fleets during the period 1932-45? I have seen photographs of fishing vessels in places like Yingkou during this period, so I assume there was domestic fishing going on in this state, but I'd like to find some more details. Specifically:
- Are there any estimates of the overall tonnage of Manchukuo-registered fishing vessels?
- Did Manchukuo have any commercial fishing companies, or was most of it done on a smaller owner/operator scale?
- What waters did Manchukuo-registered fishing vessels operate in? Did they mostly stick to the coast, or did some venture farther afield? (e.g. Sea of Japan, East China Sea, etc.)
- Did Manchukuo-registered fishing vessels suffer any wartime losses? Did they adopt any measures to reduce the risks of wartime attack on them?