Help with reading documents

Need help with translating WW1, Inter-War or WW2 related documents or information?
agnieszka40

Help with reading documents

Post by agnieszka40 » 10 Nov 2014, 23:06

Hello.

I need help with reding "Arbeitsbuch Fur Auslander". I don't speak German so if you could translate it into English it would be awesome.
I enclose scans.

Thank You in advance.
Attachments
Scan0004.jpg
Scan0003.jpg
Scan0002.jpg
Scan0001.jpg
Scan0006.jpg

history1
Banned

Re: Help with reading documents

Post by history1 » 11 Nov 2014, 10:42

Cześć Agnieszka / Hi Agnieszka,

I guess you know that it belonged to Walentyna Chorek who was a young girl at the time because the caption "name given at birth if a woman = Geburtsname bei Frauen" on page 1 is missing an entry.

Entries on page 3:
1. Herkunftsland: Eingegl. (-iederte) Ostgebiete = Country of origin: integrated/annexed areas in the east
2. Geburtstag: 11. August 1930 = Date of birth: August 11th, 1930
3. Geburtsort: Sosnowitz = Place of birth: Sosnowitz (= Sosnowiec)
Kreis: dito = County: dito
4. a) Staatsangehörigkeit: Schutzangehöriger = Nationality: person deserving German national protection
b) Volkszugehörigkeit: Polin = Ethnicity: Pole
5. a) Familienstand: led.(-ig) = Marital status: single

Entry on page 5:
9. Wohnort und Wohnung während der Beschäftigung: Maczki, Krakauerstr.(-aße) 20, Krs. (=Kreis) Bendsburg =
Place of domicile and address during the employment: Maczki, Krakowian Road (= Road to Krakow) 20, County: Bendsburg (= Będzin) [https://tinyurl.com/mpuppha]

Entries on page 8:
Berufsgruppe: 21 - Berufsart: f = Occupational category: 21 - profession: f
Ausgestellt am: 13. Juli 1944 = Issued on: July13th 1944
Arbeitsamt Sosnowitz - Im Auftrag ......... (Unterschrift) = Employment Office Sosnowitz - by attorney .......... (signature).

I can´t read the signature.

Pozdrawiam/ Regards,

Roman

PS.. Please post your translation requests in future in the subforum "Breaking the Sound Barrier".

history1
Banned

Post by history1 » 14 Nov 2014, 08:36

Why does someone post a request and don´t care later?
:x

Dallas Cline

Post by Dallas Cline » 03 Dec 2014, 01:30

Dear History1, I will thank you as I used your post and found what the German words were thru your translation, I wrote them down and can refer to them to some of the documents I have, like birth date and ETC. So a THANK YOU from me. Dallas Cline Wishing you and yours HAPPY HOLIDAYS and a wonderful year to come.

agnieszka40

Post by agnieszka40 » 08 Dec 2014, 01:51

Hi Roman,
Tahnk you very much for you beeing interested in my case. I am looking for many members of my family. Probably this young woman has died in Ravensbruck. Probably she was there with my grandmother who survived and lived in Sweden. I live in Poland. I wrote to Museum in Ravensbruck about information about my grandmother and Miss Chorek.I am very, very sorry that I didn't write to thank you. I would like to appologise you.

Thank you very much / Dziekuję bardzo
Pozdrawiam serdecznie z Polski
Agnieszka

history1
Banned

Post by history1 » 08 Dec 2014, 19:29

Dallas Cline wrote:Dear History1, I will thank you as I used your post and found what the German words were thru your translation, [...] So a THANK YOU from me. Dallas Cline Wishing you and yours HAPPY HOLIDAYS and a wonderful year to come.
Hi Dallas Cline,

I´m glad that my translation did help you :) Don´t hesitate to post a request when you need help !
Wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year,

Roman

history1
Banned

Post by history1 » 08 Dec 2014, 19:38

agnieszka40 wrote:Hi Roman,
[...] .I am very, very sorry that I didn't write to thank you. I would like to appologise you.

Thank you very much / Dziekuję bardzo
Pozdrawiam serdecznie z Polski
Agnieszka
Hi Agnieszka,
I don´t await that someone writes that he/she is thankful or an excusion like in this case. It would have been good to see that you did read my post and my efforts where not wasted. If I can help with translations (German, English, Polish) contact me via PM or post a request here.

Regards,
Roman

PS: Don´t worry, I still support the countrymen of my wife :wink:

Maria'sGranddaughter

Post by Maria'sGranddaughter » 18 Jan 2018, 22:41

I wish to thank Roman for posting the translation as well. I have my Grandmother's work book (we tend to call it her German passport) and the translation helps to understand it. However, I am curious about its accuracy. Grandma told me she worked two and one half years but the earliest date recorded is 4.3.43 and the oldest date is r.r. 1944. This leaves me puzzled. Either she lost time in captivity or those who kept the book chose not to enter the date of her actual captivity. Any thoughts?
Thanks everyone for your thoughts.

history1
Banned

Post by history1 » 19 Jan 2018, 18:54

Hello Maria,

I invite you to share the content of your grandmother German "passport" here with us and we can sure help you.
In case you hesitate to publish such personal datas please contact me via PM and I´ll tell you my e-mail adress were you can send it too, without being published in the web.

Best regards,
Roman

Return to “Translation help: Breaking the Sound Barrier”