Help with Norwegian memories (DRK nurse in Ljubljana)

Need help with translating WW1, Inter-War or WW2 related documents or information?
K.Kocjancic

Help with Norwegian memories (DRK nurse in Ljubljana)

Post by K.Kocjancic » 29 Jun 2020, 16:14

I need help with translating several pages from Norwegian language regarding a Norwegian nurse, that was (also) stationed in Ljubljana (Laibach) during the Second World War. Pages are from "Litt om den domte Rode Kors-sosteren Janna Skaiaa" by Rolf Ursin (2010).

I would need from and including the passage "Reisen til Laibach" until "Reisen til Berlin".
Attachments
norge_laibach-007.pdf
(945.21 KiB) Downloaded 43 times
norge_laibach-006.pdf
(1007.08 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
norge_laibach-005.pdf
(977.72 KiB) Downloaded 34 times

stril

Re: Help with Norwegian memories (DRK nurse in Ljubljana)

Post by stril » 30 Jul 2020, 14:05

Hello
I can try if you havent got it translated. First lines is like this.

The trip to Laibach (Ljubljana)
From Danzig, the trip first went to Berlin and the Red Cross presidium out in Potsdam, where, among other things, new clothes,
adapted to the climate in southern Slovenia were distributed, before the trip went on to Laibach, where the three friends Erna, Svanhild and Janna arrived on August 8, 1944.

SS Hospital Laibach(Ljubljana)
Ortodontisk Ward (Department ?)
Upon arrival at the hospital, Janna was placed in the Orthodontics ward (Department ?), probably because she had practice from the operating room in Danzig.
Gun and grenadewounds in the face and jaw region were always difficult. It was not always as easy to "patch (up)" a damaged face together as it should be as little damaged as possible after the "repair"

The Norwegian Words "lappet sammen" match best With patch as i decribe what you do when using a needle and tread when patching a hole in your sock og trousers. The use of the Word reparasjonen is the same as you use when repairing a car. I think thats why the writer use the " " signs.
Let me know if you still need a traslation.
regards
Stril

K.Kocjancic

Re: Help with Norwegian memories (DRK nurse in Ljubljana)

Post by K.Kocjancic » 23 Dec 2020, 17:30

stril wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 14:05
Hello
I can try if you havent got it translated. First lines is like this.

The trip to Laibach (Ljubljana)
From Danzig, the trip first went to Berlin and the Red Cross presidium out in Potsdam, where, among other things, new clothes,
adapted to the climate in southern Slovenia were distributed, before the trip went on to Laibach, where the three friends Erna, Svanhild and Janna arrived on August 8, 1944.

SS Hospital Laibach(Ljubljana)
Ortodontisk Ward (Department ?)
Upon arrival at the hospital, Janna was placed in the Orthodontics ward (Department ?), probably because she had practice from the operating room in Danzig.
Gun and grenadewounds in the face and jaw region were always difficult. It was not always as easy to "patch (up)" a damaged face together as it should be as little damaged as possible after the "repair"

The Norwegian Words "lappet sammen" match best With patch as i decribe what you do when using a needle and tread when patching a hole in your sock og trousers. The use of the Word reparasjonen is the same as you use when repairing a car. I think thats why the writer use the " " signs.
Let me know if you still need a traslation.
regards
Stril
Thank you very much for this!

Regards,
Klemen

PS Sorry for the late response, I completely forgot about this.

Return to “Translation help: Breaking the Sound Barrier”