Need help in translating SS RK Winners List

Need help with translating WW1, Inter-War or WW2 related documents or information?
Ibrahim Ahmad

Need help in translating SS RK Winners List

Post by Ibrahim Ahmad » 18 Jun 2006, 12:08

Dear all,

I recently bought this document which is an SS RK Winners List. Looks awesome as a backdrop to my RK :D

However, could anyone here help me translate it ??

Really appreciate any help given. Thank You.

Cheers,
Ibrahim,
Singapore.
Attachments
SS RK Winners List - Pic4.jpg
SS RK Winners List - Pic4.jpg (139.29 KiB) Viewed 1681 times
SS RK Winners List - Pic3.jpg
SS RK Winners List - Pic3.jpg (149.83 KiB) Viewed 1681 times
SS RK Winners List - Pic2.jpg
SS RK Winners List - Pic2.jpg (121.25 KiB) Viewed 1681 times

Ibrahim Ahmad

Post by Ibrahim Ahmad » 18 Jun 2006, 12:14

Cover Page
Attachments
SS RK Winners List - Pic1.jpg
SS RK Winners List - Pic1.jpg (88.71 KiB) Viewed 1679 times

Fla+lin3

Post by Fla+lin3 » 20 Jun 2006, 09:32

Ok, I'll give it a shot, but I'm neither a native englisch-speaker nor do I have any clue about Military ranks etc, so there might be mistakes and I won't be able to translate the military expressions.

Rottenführer G.M.:
Is a Dutchman and the first volunteer from a germanic country who was awarded the Knights Cross of the Iron Cross. Born 23. September 1923 in Apeldoorn/Netherlands, he joined the ranks of the Waffen-SS in Spring 1947. While defending against strong enemy attacks south of the lake Ladoga, Rottenführer Mooyman destroyed in just a few days, first as gunner, then as Geschützführer //(don't know the translation, its the guy in charge of the ordnance ;) )//, a total of 17 enemy tanks and managed to shatter the attacks of enemy infantry with obliterative fire.

Sorry, can't get that last sentence to sound better....

SS-Sturmbannführer M.W.
Born 20. April //(do you say April 20th?)// 1914 in Kittlitz/Oberlausitz, became a member of the Hitler-Jugend in 1932 and a member of the SS one year later. After visiting the SS-Junkerschule Tölz his officer-carrer began in the Leibstandarte SS "Adolf Hitler". SS-Sturmbannführer Wünschen commenced a broad tank-thrust with his task force out of his own initiative, destroyed extensive enemy forces and thus managed to relieve the southern flank of his own division considerably.

SS-Oberscharführer Hans Reimling
Born 17. January 1918 in Karlsruhe-Mühlburg. As member of the Hitler-Jugend he joined the Schutzstaffel in 1937 and enrolled one year later for a four year service in the SS-Verfügungstruppe. Beeing an elite driver, SS-Oberscharführer Reimling has participated in all heavy combat. In short time he managed to destroy 25 tanks and 8 paks. SS-Oberscharführer Hans Remling died a hero's death in march 1943.

All I've got time for right now.
Not a pretty translation, but i hope it helps anyway.

Landser (bel)

Post by Landser (bel) » 22 Jun 2006, 10:14

Here you have another one. I have exams for the moment but I will try to do some more. Nice book I must say.

SS-Sturmbahnführer Erwin Reichel

Is wiener. Born on the 11th of March 1911 as son of a university professor. In 1929 he became member of the Freikorps “Oberland”. After a few months in austrian army he joined the SS- Verfügungstruppe in 1934. After tough fighting SS – Sturmbahnführer Reichel was able to pin down a enemy tank battalion and caused a lot of victims under the numerical much bigger enemy’s forces. In February 1943 SS – Sturmbahnführer Reichel died as a hero.

Landser

Fla+lin3

Post by Fla+lin3 » 23 Jun 2006, 01:45

Not much time either, anyway, we'll get it done piece by piece, here's the next:

Oberscharführer Alfred Günther
Ist from Magdebur. Born 25th April 1917, he chose a career as typographer after finishing school. Already at the age of twelve he was politically active in several youth-organisations. With 14 he joined the the Hitler-Jugend and became an SS-Mann in 1937. SS-Oberscharführer Günther proved exeptional bravery during the fights for Charkow. With his assault gun //(Leo.org claims this is the right translation for Sturmgeschütz, seems weird to me)// he managed to set 5 sowjet tanks on fire and dispersed the accompanying enemy infantry.

Untersturmführer Hermann Dahlke
Born 11th February 1917 in Greifswald as son of a clerk. In 1933 he joined the Hitler-Jugend, later he joined the volunteer
Arbeitsdienst //(work-service oder so would be the literal translation, but if have no clue what that was)// and enlisted in the Leibstandarte SS "Adolf Hitler". With his taskforce, SS-Untersturmführer Dahlke breached with a swiftly delivered attack into the enemy positions south of Charkow, defeated the enemy besides nummercial inferiority and thus contributed decisive to the successful push of his own battalion and the whole brigade group. SS-Unterstrumführer Hermann Dahlke died a hero's death in July 1943.

Landser (bel)

Post by Landser (bel) » 23 Jun 2006, 08:52

SS – Sturmbahnführer Albert Frey

Is the son of a baker and was born in heidelberg on the 16th of february 1913. In 1933 he joined the SS verfügungstruppe. SS – sturmbahnführer Frey was involved in the making of the bridgehead over the Mius in the fall of 1941. For that he received the german cross in gold. In the battles for Karkov Frey again demonstrated his own bravery and his carefull leadership over his batallion.

Heimatschuss

Post by Heimatschuss » 23 Jun 2006, 10:40

Hello,

here's my contribution:

SS-Standartenführer Gustav Lombard
was born as son of an estate owner on April 10th, 1895 in Klein Spiegelberg (Brandenburg), belonged to a prussian cavalary regiment and joined the Waffen-SS shortly after the outbreak of the war. SS-Standartenführer Lombard did attack strong bolshevik forces with his cavalary regiment on his own initiative at a point of time when the Soviets themselves were planning a breakthrough through the german lines. The enemy's attack failed; Lombard managed to stop the enemy and to capture important strongpoints. Shortly before Lombard had been awarded the German cross in Gold.

SS-Standartenführer August Zehender
was born on April 28th, 1903 as son of a railroad official in Aalen (Württemberg). After serving in the Army for 12 years he joined the Waffen-SS's ranks in 1935. SS-Standartenführer Zehender, CO of a cavalary regiment, managed on his own initiative to conquer the place Cholomedina in a nightfight and to repel all enemy counterattacks. By a further attack against food depots and supply lines Zehnender played a substantial role in pocketing and destroying enemy forces that had broken through. Zehender holds the German cross in Gold since autumn 1942.

Best regards
Torsten
Last edited by Heimatschuss on 23 Jun 2006, 10:49, edited 1 time in total.

Heimatschuss

Post by Heimatschuss » 23 Jun 2006, 10:49

Hello,

minor corrections:
Is wiener. Born on the 11th of March 1911 as son of a university professor. In 1929 he became member of the Freikorps “Oberland”. After a few months in austrian army he joined the SS- Verfügungstruppe in 1934. After tough fighting SS – Sturmbahnführer Reichel was able to pin down a enemy tank battalion and caused a lot of victims under the numerical much bigger enemy’s forces. In February 1943 SS – Sturmbahnführer Reichel died as a hero.
is a Viennese [A wiener is something different :lol: ]. .................. was able to pin down an enemy tank corps...........

Best regards
Torsten

Heimatschuss

Post by Heimatschuss » 23 Jun 2006, 10:57

Hello,
later he joined the volunteer Arbeitsdienst //(work-service oder so would be the literal translation, but if have no clue what that was)//
The voluntary labour service (Freiwilliger Arbeitsdienst, FAD) was the predecessor of the Reichsarbeitsdienst (RAD). The RAD relied heavily on compulsory labour for its manpower (6 month time before your military service.).

Best regards

Torsten

Fla+lin3

Post by Fla+lin3 » 11 Jul 2006, 23:06

Ok, its been a while but i'm awfully short on time atm...
Another two:

SS-Sturmbannführer Max Hansen
Is the son of a peasant. Born 31th Juli 1908 in Niebüll/Schleswig he became a locksmith. In 1930 he became a member of the NSDAP and also of the SA and an SS-Mann one year later. Already in 1941 Hansen earned the German Cross in Gold while fighting against the soviets. Of his own accord SS-Sturmbannführer Hansen and his battalion advanced in tough street-for-street and house-to-house fighting to the Roten Platz und opend up the path into the inner city, so that the northern Part of Charkow could be seized.

SS-Sturmbannführer Hugo Kraas
Born 25th January 1911 as the son of a teacher in Witten Ruhr. After resigning from military service he volunteered for the Waffen-SS in 1935. Spearheading his battalion SS-Sturmbannführer Krass took an important small town und breached through the enemy postions at the northern edge of the city centre. This way he contributed vitally to the successful attack of his regiment on the city centre. Since the combat at Rostow in december 1941 Krass wears the German Cross in Gold.

Heimatschuss

Post by Heimatschuss » 12 Aug 2006, 21:56

Hello,

let's get another two.

SS-Obersturmführer Wilhelm Beck
Son of a work master, was born on Dec. 22nd, 1919 in Bitz, Wurttemberg. In1938 he acquired his certificate of secondary higher education at a NAPOLA institute [special Nazi boarding schools], entered the Reich's Labour Service and even in the same year joined SS regiment 'Deutschland'. With his company SS-Oberführer Beck managed to destroy more than 120 artillery pieces of all kinds and 9 T-34 tanks within 19 days. In the hard tank duels at the outskirts of Charkov Beck, despite being wounded twice, knocked out two T-34 with his tank.

SS-Hauptsturmführer Hans Becker
Born on Nov. 5th, 1911 in Peenemünde, Pomerania, he became a trainee with an attorney. In 1932 he became a member of the NSDAP and the storm troopers simultaniously. A year later he joined the SS and was promoted to the rank of Untersturmführer during the Poland campaign for his bravery. During an attack on Alexejevka, the outer defense line of Charkov, SS-Hauptsturmführer Becker bolted into the ranks of the enemy with only a few men and captured an important stronghold of the Charkov defense from the Soviets.

Best regards
Torsten

Return to “Translation help: Breaking the Sound Barrier”