Dr. Andreas Faatz

Need help with translating WW1, Inter-War or WW2 related documents or information?
panzzer44

Dr. Andreas Faatz

Post by panzzer44 » 02 Jun 2019 18:54

Anyone have any information on Dr. Andreas Faatz. I have in my collection a signed document by Hitler and Kleinmann giving Dr Faatz control a railway system date1938. I cannot find anything on Dr.Faatz. I’ve tried to post the signed document but I keep a message getting file too big. Thanks, Jeff

GregSingh

Re: Dr. Andreas Faatz

Post by GregSingh » 03 Jun 2019 01:40

:welcome:

You have to trim scan below ~350KB I think, to be able to attach it.

Abteilungspräsident Dr.Ing. Andreas Faatz was also Abteilungsleiter und Dezernent der RBD Regensburg and in 1940 moved to RBD Wien.

He was awarded Kriegsverdienstkreuz I Klasse in December 1944.

I am not sure exactly control of which railway system he was given in 1938, perhaps Sudetenland, but that should be in the document!

If you really want to research this person, the best place to ask would be Axis Biographical Research section of this Forum.
If we become increasingly humble about how little we know, we may be more eager to search.

panzzer44

Re: Dr. Andreas Faatz

Post by panzzer44 » 03 Jun 2019 05:52

Thanks for you help.I will request information about Dr. Faatz on the research page.I bought the document from a family in New Jersey a few years ago and it is quite impressive. I am a new member and trying to figure things out on the forum. I would like to post a pic of the document but I keep getting a error saying file is to large. Any ideas how to post the document.

Return to “Translation help: Breaking the Sound Barrier”