Help with Handwritten Russian

Need help with translating WW1, Inter-War or WW2 related documents or information?
Jeff Leach
Host - Archive section

Help with Handwritten Russian

Post by Jeff Leach » 26 Jan 2020 15:12

These two paragraphs are giving me trouble. The rank abbreviations and correct Spelling of the names is difficult. I Think the final sentence of the first paragraph is saying something like, "surviving tank crew members are to be returned to their parent unit."

11TKD.jpg

В результате этого боя 3:й танк батальон 21ТП потерят 15 танков "БТ-7" и 1 танк "Т-34"; убиты ... ЧИНАРЕЛ, мл. политрук ...ШЕНКО и ранен ... Уданов. Екипажи подбитых танков, похидая сбои ..., возвраща́...ся в сбои часть.

Про... без бести экипаж во ... с командирои б-на коммандои ... и Ст. ... Мокароба.

The text is from the war diary of the Soviet 11th Tank Division from 03 July 1941. Sorry don't have the TsAMO refence on me just now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ayovtshev

Re: Help with Handwritten Russian

Post by ayovtshev » 26 Jan 2020 20:16

Here you are Jeff:

"В результате этого боя 3й танк. батальон 21 Т.П. потеряли 15 танков "БТ-7" и 1 танк "Т-34"; Убиты л-нт Чинарев, мл. политрук Евтушенко и ранен л-нт Удалов.Экипажи подбитых танков, покидая свои машины, возвраща́ются в свою часть.
Пропали без вести экипаж во главе с командиром б-на капитаном Немцевым и Ст.л-нта Макарова"

And a translation atempt:
"The battle resulted in 3d Tank Battalion of 21st Tank Regiment suffering the loss of 15 BT-7 and 1 T-34 tanks; KIA were Lieutenant Chinarev, Junior Political Officer Evtushenko, while WIA was Lieutenant Udalov.Crews of knocked out tanks are returning to their unit.
MIA is the crew of Battalion Commander Captain Nemzev and Senior Lieutenant Makarov.

HTH
Cheers,
Angel

Jeff Leach
Host - Archive section

Re: Help with Handwritten Russian

Post by Jeff Leach » 27 Jan 2020 14:04

Thanks a lot for the help.

If English isn't your mother tongue - then your English translation was really nice.

Return to “Translation help: Breaking the Sound Barrier”