Help translate this german passage

Need help with translating WW1, Inter-War or WW2 related documents or information?
DavidFrankenberg

Help translate this german passage

Post by DavidFrankenberg » 10 Jun 2020, 02:19

Hi,

as i want to be sure to understand at the best this text, i want to share it with you :
Hess war der mann, der persoenlich Vertrauen einlosste und der Partei mehr intellektuelle verbindung brachte bzw. es intellektuellen Kreisen erleichterte, Beziehung und Anschluss an die Partei zu finden ; dies gilt besonders auch fur die Kreise um Haushofer, Lundendorff, Hauer etc. Dsu Einfloessen von Vertrauen mochte ich als markanteste Charaktsreigenschaft von Hess verzeichnen, sie badingte seinerseits eine absolute Zuverlässigkeit und Treue. Wahrend Hitler aber dieses treueverhaeltnis mehr auf sich und seine Person bezog, stand fur Hess die Sache, d.h. Die Partei und Hitler im vordergrund.
Thank you

history1
Banned

Re: Help translate this german passage

Post by history1 » 10 Jun 2020, 18:06

Hi,

let´s put your text into proper German:
Hess war der Mann der persönlich Vertrauen einflösste und der Partei mehr intellektuelle Verbindung brachte bzw. es intellektuellen Kreisen erleichterte Beziehung und Anschluss an die Partei zu finden; dies gilt besonders auch für die Kreise um Haushofer, Lu[n]dendorff, Hauer etc. Das Einflössen von Vertrauen möchte ich als markanteste Charaktereigenschaft von Hess verzeichnen, sie bedingte seinerseits eine absolute Zuverlässigkeit und Treue. Während Hitler aber dieses Treueverhältnis mehr auf sich und seine Person bezog, stand fur Hess die Sache, d.h. die Partei und Hitler im Vordergrund.
Translation:
"Hess was the person who was able to instill confidence personally and brought more intellectual connection to the party respectively who made it easier for intellectual circles to find relationships and connections to the party.
This applies especially to the circles around Haushofer, Ludendorff, Hauer, etc.. I would like to call the instilling of trust the most distinctive characteristic of Hess which requested absolute reliability and loyalty. While Hitler related this fiduciary relation to himself and his very person, for Hess the cause, that is the party and Hitler were in the in the foreground."

I hope this make sense also for English native speakers?

DavidFrankenberg

Re: Help translate this german passage

Post by DavidFrankenberg » 11 Jun 2020, 00:12

history1 wrote:
10 Jun 2020, 18:06
Hi,

let´s put your text into proper German:
Hess war der Mann der persönlich Vertrauen einflösste und der Partei mehr intellektuelle Verbindung brachte bzw. es intellektuellen Kreisen erleichterte Beziehung und Anschluss an die Partei zu finden; dies gilt besonders auch für die Kreise um Haushofer, Lu[n]dendorff, Hauer etc. Das Einflössen von Vertrauen möchte ich als markanteste Charaktereigenschaft von Hess verzeichnen, sie bedingte seinerseits eine absolute Zuverlässigkeit und Treue. Während Hitler aber dieses Treueverhältnis mehr auf sich und seine Person bezog, stand fur Hess die Sache, d.h. die Partei und Hitler im Vordergrund.
Translation:
"Hess was the person who was able to instill confidence personally and brought more intellectual connection to the party respectively who made it easier for intellectual circles to find relationships and connections to the party.
This applies especially to the circles around Haushofer, Ludendorff, Hauer, etc.. I would like to call the instilling of trust the most distinctive characteristic of Hess which requested absolute reliability and loyalty. While Hitler related this fiduciary relation to himself and his very person, for Hess the cause, that is the party and Hitler were in the in the foreground."

I hope this make sense also for English native speakers?
Ok. Thank you.

Indeed, the sentence which makes problem with me is the last one. It means the aim of Hess was to serve the party and Hitler, whereas Hitler just wanted the others to serve him and him only ?

Return to “Translation help: Breaking the Sound Barrier”