Help Translating Waffen SS Diary

Need help with translating WW1, Inter-War or WW2 related documents or information?
Hohlladung

Re: Help Translating Waffen SS Diary

Post by Hohlladung » 22 Aug 2022, 17:03

Hi,

I read:

Der griechischen Begriff des Schönen und Guten als welterhaltende und weltregierende Kraft sei auch unser Lebensideal.
Heilbronn, am 6. August 1945

IMO the signature does not read Franz von Pfeffer.
The first name looks like Xaver, the family name ends with ...fer, before that.... well, anything goes.

Best regards
Armin
"Ihr verfluchten Racker, wollt ihr denn ewig leben?" Friedrich, II. in der Schlacht von Kolin am 18.Juni 1757 zu seinen zurückgehenden Grenadieren.

Project154

Post by Project154 » 23 Aug 2022, 05:13

Hohlladung wrote:
22 Aug 2022, 17:03

Hi,

I read:

Der griechischen Begriff des Schönen und Guten als welterhaltende und weltregierende Kraft sei auch unser Lebensideal.
Heilbronn, am 6. August 1945

IMO the signature does not read Franz von Pfeffer.
The first name looks like Xaver, the family name ends with ...fer, before that.... well, anything goes.

Best regards
Armin
Armin, thank you very much for helping me read what that entry said! Yourself and others have been so helpful on this website, truly amazing people! And thanks again for all your help in discovering what was written in this journal and the people who contributed to it! Cheers 🍺

nichte

Post by nichte » 23 Aug 2022, 07:23

I agree with Armin; the signature does not look like Franz von Pfeffer to me either.
The first name looks to me more like "Werner", but there might be other possibilities.
Hiltraut

Return to “Translation help: Breaking the Sound Barrier”