Waffen Revue Translation 1 - Nr. 104 I. Quartal 1997

Need help with translating WW1, Inter-War or WW2 related documents or information?
ArmchairSamurai

Waffen Revue Translation 1 - Nr. 104 I. Quartal 1997

Post by ArmchairSamurai » 10 Oct 2020, 05:22

Hello all.

While perusing a Waffen Revue archive I stumbled upon Kettenkrad information that looks promising. Can anyone translate the text for the following scans, please? Much obliged.

ArmchairSamurai

There are three sorts of people; those who are alive, those who are dead, and those who are at sea.

Hohlladung

Re: Waffen Revue Translation 1 - Nr. 104 I. Quartal 1997

Post by Hohlladung » 17 Oct 2020, 11:38

Hi ArmchairSamurai,

There are multiple technical terms in this text, which I am not familiar with and there will be a lot of eye brows frowning from people when reading this.
But as a courtesy I will give you a start, so that you have at least an answer. If you are okay with it, give a reply and I process the rest:

Variant (a)
The first model (here with license plate III E for the district Heilbronn, Vaihingen a.d. Enz and Waiblingen) was still equipped with wheels we know from bicycles and motorcylces. The front wheel as well as the guide and carrying wheels were performed with round steel spokes. The same is for the trailer. (Image 2-4).

The frame was kept low and tapers at the rear downwards. The rack for the backseat is equipped with a tube side railing, which ends at the forward edge of the seat.

Image 2: Variant (a) the first version of the Kettenkrad with round steel spokes wheels at the front wheel, the carrying wheels, the guide wheels and the trailer, when it was established as „small Kettenkraftwagen“ (Versuchs-Kfz 620)“ in the Wehrmacht. View from the right.

Image 3: Vehicle of image 2, view from rear right.
Chart with technical details

The crawler track is sagging but not touching the track rollers. Further technical details, which differs from later versions, can be learned from the file „ Reference value about vehicles and equipment“ as of 1.10.1940

Best regards
Armin
"Ihr verfluchten Racker, wollt ihr denn ewig leben?" Friedrich, II. in der Schlacht von Kolin am 18.Juni 1757 zu seinen zurückgehenden Grenadieren.

Return to “Translation help: Breaking the Sound Barrier”