Strange Panzerfaust-Mortar Hybrid -- Russian Translation Help

Need help with translating WW1, Inter-War or WW2 related documents or information?
ArmchairSamurai

Strange Panzerfaust-Mortar Hybrid -- Russian Translation Help

Post by ArmchairSamurai » 16 Nov 2020, 23:28

Hello all.

I found this on yet another Russian forum: https://ivagkin.livejournal.com/163895.html

If I may ask, could anyone translate the following material, please? It's in Russian. The hybrid Panzerfaust piqued my interest, so I must know the context of this (maybe) field improvisation. Much obliged.

Cheers,

ArmchairSamurai
There are three sorts of people; those who are alive, those who are dead, and those who are at sea.

ayovtshev
Financial supporter

Re: Strange Panzerfaust-Mortar Hybrid -- Russian Translation Help

Post by ayovtshev » 01 Dec 2020, 19:04

Here an attempted translation:
Shooting  p 1.jpg
Shooting  p 2_1.jpg
Shooting p 2_1.jpg (63.33 KiB) Viewed 2726 times
Shooting  p 2_2.jpg
Shooting p 2_2.jpg (143.65 KiB) Viewed 2726 times
And here is the text only part:

Shooting a 82 mm fragmentation mine with the Faust anti-tank weapon
(Proposal)

The 82 mm mine is connected to the fin stabilizer of the Faust grenade by the means of a connecting rod made from hard wood to shape and sizes shown in the drawing(App.2).
The connecting rods thicker end is inserted in the Faust stabilizer tube, while its thinner end goes into the grenade, replacing Faust’s propelling charge.
If the Faust is lacking its fin stabilizer, a substitution can be made from hard wood to the shape and sizes of the Faust stabilizer, with connecting rod inserted.
The fins of the stabilizer can be nailed, like on the original Faust, while fins can be cut from any hardened metal sheet.
Test firing (with increased propellant charge) was done with sight set to 150 m.
The mines covered a distance between 130-175 m. and detonated like when fired from an 82 mm mortar.
Firing the 82 mm mine is like firing a Faust-grenade.
The proposed weapon is to be used against enemy infantry, close gun/MG emplacements and in any case when fire support at close distances is required.

HTH
Cheers,
Angel

ArmchairSamurai

Re: Strange Panzerfaust-Mortar Hybrid -- Russian Translation Help

Post by ArmchairSamurai » 05 Dec 2020, 03:39

ayovtshev wrote:
01 Dec 2020, 19:04
Here an attempted translation:
Shooting p 1.jpg
Shooting p 2_1.jpg
Shooting p 2_2.jpg

And here is the text only part:

Shooting a 82 mm fragmentation mine with the Faust anti-tank weapon
(Proposal)

The 82 mm mine is connected to the fin stabilizer of the Faust grenade by the means of a connecting rod made from hard wood to shape and sizes shown in the drawing(App.2).
The connecting rods thicker end is inserted in the Faust stabilizer tube, while its thinner end goes into the grenade, replacing Faust’s propelling charge.
If the Faust is lacking its fin stabilizer, a substitution can be made from hard wood to the shape and sizes of the Faust stabilizer, with connecting rod inserted.
The fins of the stabilizer can be nailed, like on the original Faust, while fins can be cut from any hardened metal sheet.
Test firing (with increased propellant charge) was done with sight set to 150 m.
The mines covered a distance between 130-175 m. and detonated like when fired from an 82 mm mortar.
Firing the 82 mm mine is like firing a Faust-grenade.
The proposed weapon is to be used against enemy infantry, close gun/MG emplacements and in any case when fire support at close distances is required.

HTH
Cheers,
Angel
Thank you very much Angel, much obliged!
There are three sorts of people; those who are alive, those who are dead, and those who are at sea.

Return to “Translation help: Breaking the Sound Barrier”