Russian to English: IPA-2 Rebreather

Need help with translating WW1, Inter-War or WW2 related documents or information?
ArmchairSamurai

Russian to English: IPA-2 Rebreather

Post by ArmchairSamurai » 13 Jan 2021, 21:32

Hello all.

To determine the entire purpose of the IPA-2, I found these pages that I hope will describe just that. Can anyone translate these please? Much obliged.

There are three sorts of people; those who are alive, those who are dead, and those who are at sea.

GregSingh

Re: Russian to English: IPA-2 Rebreather

Post by GregSingh » 14 Jan 2021, 00:31

Nice find!
Quite clear, typed text. Use free OCR software and translator, will do fine.

Here is the purpose part:

a) - Personal rescue equipment for surfacing in an accident - for submarine crews,
b) - Execution of diving work requiring urgent diving, short stay under water, great mobility of divers while maintaining imperceptibility from the shores.
c) - Rescue of drowning people

ArmchairSamurai

Re: Russian to English: IPA-2 Rebreather

Post by ArmchairSamurai » 14 Jan 2021, 08:28

GregSingh wrote:
14 Jan 2021, 00:31
Nice find!
Quite clear, typed text. Use free OCR software and translator, will do fine.

Here is the purpose part:

a) - Personal rescue equipment for surfacing in an accident - for submarine crews,
b) - Execution of diving work requiring urgent diving, short stay under water, great mobility of divers while maintaining imperceptibility from the shores.
c) - Rescue of drowning people
Thank you! Much appreciated! That's all I need to know really. I was confirming if the equipment's purpose "when issued to tankers" was for river crossing (exercises or operations) and such. This translation does just that.

Thanks for the tip on the software too. I will look into it.
There are three sorts of people; those who are alive, those who are dead, and those who are at sea.

Return to “Translation help: Breaking the Sound Barrier”