ID Military Uniform and Translation Help

Need help with translating WW1, Inter-War or WW2 related documents or information?
Kskm212

Post by Kskm212 » 04 Jul 2023 21:15

I have a photo of 3 men in military uniform that I found in my grandmother’s belongings.
The Russian printing on the photo says the picture was taken at a photo studio in St Petersburg. I cannot translate the rest of the writing.
I am trying to determine if the military uniforms were Lithuanian, Prussian, German or Russian, circa 1850 – 1910.

I am hoping someone can tell me more about the Russian writing and military uniforms, country and time frame.
Thanks for any help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Loïc

Re: ID Military Uniform and Translation Help

Post by Loïc » 05 Jul 2023 02:39

for the uniform at the center I think it is one of the most prestigious Regiment of Russian Army :
the Chevaliers-Guards Regiment of the Imperial Guard c.years 1870'-1880'
the other in white grand uniform without the soubreveste should be one of the 2 Cuirassiers Regiments of the Guard or simply maybe a second Knight-Guard without the soubreveste and so the third can be another horseman of the regiment in everyday uniform explaining they are gathered in one photo

the Russian Cavalry had kept only 4 white-clothed heavy cavalry regiments, Chevaliers-Guards, Horse-Guards, 2 Cuirassiers, all in the Imperial Guard

hope the last Russian still active members here will take a look

GregSingh

Post by GregSingh » 05 Jul 2023 04:40

A nice photo from Iosif Brezanov studio.
Addresses of two studios were listed as:

1) Петроградская сторона, Малая Дворянская, дом но. 9/11
2) Васильевский Остров, 11-линия, дом но. 26.

Further below a note that they keep/store negatives.

Kskm212

Post by Kskm212 » 06 Jul 2023 17:38

Thank you both for the responses. I appreciate the detail.
I wish I knew if or how they connected with my family. I do not have my history traced back this far.

sassyact

Post by sassyact » 27 Jul 2023 02:53

As for the Russian writing on the photo, it's possible that it simply indicates the name of the photo studio where the picture was taken, along with the date or other identifying information. Without seeing the writing, it's difficult to say for certain.geometry dash unblocked

Return to “Translation help: Breaking the Sound Barrier”