Gustav Lombard

Discussions on all aspects of the SS and Polizei. Hosted by Andrey.
Bergmolch

Post by Bergmolch » 04 Oct 2007 09:36

Hi Matt,

Long time don't hear you.
Yes, the name of Lombard is on your list but since a long time but as far as I know there's no trace and no proof of it on his personal file.
Would you please check your sources or your notes and let me know? The only date regarding that awarding is January 44, nothing more.

Thanks
Tom

Matt Gibbs

Post by Matt Gibbs » 04 Oct 2007 20:38

Tom,
Can we not now take his word for it, from his letter, as posted in the thread mentioning the date, place and who gave it to him?

I have no record other than I picked up the detail mentioning it out of a book. It could well have been one of M.Yerger's books on the SS officers, but I am not sure now, I forgot to make a note on the index card!
I cannot understand why there is not any mention in his personnel file, but I wonder if it is simply not complete, perhaps someone can clue us in as to what the last dated entry is in his file? Maybe the records from v.d.Bach as chief of the BK operations were not duplicated back to Berlin often enough or were lost?
Somehow I think that since he remembered it clearly enough to set it down on paper in answer to specific questions it clues us in.
ttfn
Matt Gibbs

AlifRafikKhan

Re: Gustav Lombard

Post by AlifRafikKhan » 29 Jan 2012 18:28

Sowjetunion-Mitte.- Ritterkreuz-Verleihung an Standartenführer Gustav Lombard, Kommandeur des SS-Kavallerieregiments 1 "Florian Geyer"

Source: http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Bunde ... ombard.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Post by Ivan Ž. » 10 Aug 2018 23:13

Hello, everyone

Does anyone know what was Lombard's assignment in May 1939?

Ivan

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Post by Ivan Ž. » 13 Aug 2018 22:23

According to Thierry ("Allgemeine SS - Polizei - Waffen-SS" Vol. 2), he served in the Reiterschwadron Wachbtl. Rgt. "General Göring" at some point in 1939, but it's not clear in which period.
Lombard-TT.jpg
Any additional info on Lombard's 1939 service is most welcome.

Ivan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “The Phil Nix SS & Polizei section”